Your seven string self customs!!!

• Thread starter c4tze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
post pics and reviews about your 7 string self customs, i did bolt a aanj universe neck on a 7620 body and it made it go xl scale (nearly 27 inch... 26,89734 exactly)... sound feels like normal prestige guitars, sustain -0,7 percent of my 2077 xl and playability: kick your parents asses for makeing you without long fingers :D

my next project seems to be a ibanez usa custom 7 string neck maple with bubinga stripe, bound ebony fingerboard with 12th fret inlay (else clear), bound reverse headstock (natural gloss finish dark like new prestige models) on a warmoth uv replacement body with the jem7rb monkeygrip, tigerclaws and a stock original floyd rose 7 string trem, jem77 gmx finish and a wicked black pearloid pickguard with one tonezone 7 hum only. both aanj...

this is going to be my next main/stage guitar cuz the craftsmanship of the ibz dudes is not replaceable once destroyed, selfmadestuff is/was selfmade so its better to bear

merry xmas and a nice mess (now on germany)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
post pics and reviews about your 7 string self customs, i did bolt a aanj universe neck on a 7620 body and it made it go xl scale (nearly 27 inch... 26,89734 exactly)... sound feels like normal prestige guitars, sustain -0,7 percent of my 2077 xl and playability: kick your parents asses for makeing you without long fingers :D

:ugh:

You do realize that just makes your intonation go to crap, right.

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
fits perfetly and the intonation rulez like this guitar would left the fabric like a stock guitar...

its like a custom ibanez with some disadvantages ( neck joint) but intonation, sustain and everything else is better than on my 7621. sounds like hell and kicks ass undress! pics to come when im at home

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
sorry, edit: non-aanj universe neck!!! filled boltholes and the bearing area is about 2,5 cm² higher than normal aanj neckjoints...

so in theory there are no decreases of sound-stuff

pics to come when i left my students appartment about new years eve time...

and hell a lot of ppl should post pics o their selfcustoms, so just wait and there will be some pics... of other ppl....

bluargh!!! (very deliried)

OzzyC

Reaction score
sorry, edit: non-aanj universe neck!!! filled boltholes and the bearing area is about 2,5 cm² higher than normal aanj neckjoints...

... But Ibanez necks aren't made in that scale. By setting a neck made for 25.5 to 26.7, you are every note on the neck out of place to a degreee not able to be corrected by the intonation on the trem.

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
sorry but it works o_O maybe the plastique chain is no exact enough but the chords sound like chords should sound like and i have a lower pressure on the strings...

and if all ropes jerk i can fit it in like standard, its not been ceated yet and space is available enough beacause i didnt fill out the neck hum

do you realy think that this minimal difference might be disturb the tuning without tune it every day? i just finished it a few hours ago and didnt to a real test, just sustain stuff and measuring tape work

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah - I just posted in another thread about your custom XL and will just copy and paste the stuff here.

Wow - how did that work even? I mean your intonation must be soo out of wack and your notes on the neck must be off by a lot. Remember an XL ibanez just doesn't have a longer neck, its bridge has also been moved a bit further back to accommodate the extra length. So if your rocking an XL neck on a normal RG7620 body - everything is extremely off musically.

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
shit... 4 hours of smoothing for santas ass!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

okay...

*edit*

you dudes made me realized a very significant fact!!! thanks alot... hopefully that was the last of the many mistakes i did in customizing prestigers... (not really cheap stuff)

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
shit... 4 hours of smoothing for santas ass!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

okay...

*edit*

you dudes made me realized a very significant fact!!! thanks alot... hopefully that was the last of the many mistakes i did in customizing prestigers... (not really cheap stuff)

You're crazy :lol:

I knew that here ukvlt installed a 28,xxx" inches neck and the conversion worked. But the stuff you did was really strange.

When you install a neck on a guitar that has the bridge installed, you must check that the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge it's = to the distance from the 12th fret to the nut.

c4tze

sergeant shred
Reaction score
sorry but im a fucking student and learned stuff about guiatrs etc autarkic so please dont make some fun about me and my "projects"

accessorily im new to this board so tll me the stuff im doing not commonly instead of lolling and rofling

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey whoa - take it easy. While commendable that you are doing your projects and what not what people are trying to say is that while it works physically but musically it wont.

I asked the question like a while back cuz I wanted to get an XL neck made but then I was told that the body would need to be modified as well.

Different stroke for different folks. I am however interested in seeing some pics of this and the UV neck to AANJ body.

OzzyC

Reaction score
Sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the last- although, hopefully, there won't be any more significant. :)

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, don't worry about it too much. When I scalloped my Stratocaster's neck I nicked the truss rod channel.

I give my scallop job a 6/10 with 5=average. Some of the scallops are a little uneven, nicked the truss rod channel, but from a playability standpoint it doesn't matter for shit. Wood hasn't cracked, truss rod works fine, only cosmetic issues. I still think that other than the first fret it looks really badass though.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
the thing with urkvlt's 28 5/8" scale neck, is that the fret distances are exactly the same on the higher frets, its literally like proportionately extending the neck on the headstock end. thats why it works.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
the thing with urkvlt's 28 5/8" scale neck, is that the fret distances are exactly the same on the higher frets, its literally like proportionately extending the neck on the headstock end. thats why it works.
Yep. It's just like adding 2 more frets at the nut end of the neck. If I put a capo at the 2nd fret it's 25.5" again.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
what kind of modifications would you have to make to a guitar that was originally 25.5" to accomodate a 27" neck like this guy wants to do. i mean, if he has all the stuff and thats what he wants to do, might as well help him to the final goal. I honestly have no clue and would be quite interested if someone could explain.

i actually ordered a 27" neck and have an extra body from a crappy jem-type body, instead of ordering a different body like i was intending, i might as well butcher the one i've had sitting in my closet for months.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
what kind of modifications would you have to make to a guitar that was originally 25.5" to accomodate a 27" neck like this guy wants to do. i mean, if he has all the stuff and thats what he wants to do, might as well help him to the final goal. I honestly have no clue and would be quite interested if someone could explain.

i actually ordered a 27" neck and have an extra body from a crappy jem-type body, instead of ordering a different body like i was intending, i might as well butcher the one i've had sitting in my closet for months.

He would have to move his bridge back a bit and then his neck would have to be modified for the frets - in short its a pain in the ass to do what he wants to do.