Yves Carbonne Bass

• Thread starter yevetz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
l_e1daeb4cf73fc302f014c604c0d10aee.jpg

I love it it sounds very very good

If I remember all clear :scratch: this bass was build by Mike Sherman

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Seen this before. It's a pretty impressive instrument. Tuned to the low E an octave below a normal four-string, and then up in fourths if I remember correctly...

angus

Reaction score
Fantastic player with near perfect intonation and killer tone, but I've never, ever seen him play anything that makes use of any of that range. He's almost always sitting in the higher range of a 6 or 7 string bass. Never heard him go even very low on the E string nor very high on the upper strings...and I've seen him live!

Really great player, though, and Drozd makes some very fine instruments as well. He's an artist who makes instruments, imo.

D

Desecrated

I usually except everything, but honestly I would be lost on that thing, hahahaha.

liquid_

Reaction score
it is in fact to B an octave below the "normal" low b on an 5 or 6 sting bass. it probably shakes your house when you play it :)

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
My god... Who's going to come up with a 23847 strings guitar / bass? :lol:
Some guys just need a harp.

Just my humble opinion, but i think the "how many strings can you put on a guitar / bass" thing is getting out of control.

To craft such an instrument is quite something though. :2c:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
My god... Who's going to come up with a 23847 strings guitar / bass? :lol:
Some guys just need a harp.

Just my humble opinion, but i think the "how many strings can you put on a guitar / bass" thing is getting out of control.

To craft such an instrument is quite something though. :2c:

And he (Yves Carbonne) also wanst to have 14 string bass which will be made also by Jerzy Drozd :hbang:

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
He also got some signature 8 and 9 string @ Noguera bass, you can get those in some high end bass shops in France :D

angus

Reaction score
The Noguera's are great basses, but Carbonne definitely doesn't play them anymore, and hasn't for a number of years.

I've played an 8 string model a few years ago, and for what it was (a configuration of woods/pickups/string spacing that wasn't my favorite) it was extremely nice. Great neck.