Zimbloth's Xiphos Adventure

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Thank GOD Zimbloth has returned. We hadn't seen a NGD thread for a while...

Sweet score Nick! I fucking love the Xiphos - for the money that I'd pay for it through my work its an awesome instrument. I hate the pickups, but I love the shape and the neck. Especially those inlays, and I love the way it sits across my left leg with my right leg between the split (classical style) - it really hugs you.

Why isn't there a hardcase for it? :scratch: They come with them stock. :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
it looks godly, except for the fretboard looks a bit dry from the pictures.
just send it over to me for about a month and problems fixed!

The fretboard isn't dry at all, it's just a very cheap species of rosewood like most (mainly non-MIJ) Ibanez have these days. If I end up keeping this I'll probably dye it.

Thank GOD Zimbloth has returned. We hadn't seen a NGD thread for a while...

I've been broke for several months now pretty so much that's why there have been no threads from me :lol:

Stitch said:
Why isn't there a hardcase for it? :scratch: They come with them stock. :scratch:

They don't come with it. Some places like DCGL include a case but charge $100 more for it. I would have bought it from a place like that but this was cheaper.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I've been broke for several months now pretty so much that's why there have been no threads from me :lol:

They don't come with it. Some places like DCGL include a case but charge $100 more for it. I would have bought it from a place like that but this was cheaper.

Fuck me, really? We get them free with hardcases from the distributor. :scratch:

I'm really surprised they are allowed to charge $100 for that case, its free equipment! I could understand if its an M100C case or something, but its moulded to fit the Xiphos so its not like they can sell the guitar and keep the case for the next customer...since not many people own one, and it doesn't fit a warrior. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Good stuff Nick. :yesway: I still remember seeing them at NAMM in person last January and thinking how fucking awesome those finishes were. :cool: I can't even begin to start GAS'ing for shit again until I get my Sherman all paid off so I'm out of the game for a bit but I'd like to play one of those sometime. My GC's are lame and don't carry them, or if they do they have them hidden away somewhere because I haven't seen one there yet. :noway: More pics out in some sunlight would be bitchin' bro! :wub:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a case for this seperately? Despite popular belief they don't come with it if you pay the normal $649 pricetag.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
They honestly do mate. At least thats the UK representative for Ibanez told me when i asked him, beacuse I was there filling out the order for my work for one. But hey, I could be lying I suppose.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the one I played at sam ass :agreed:

It's funny, I did a search for sam ash locations tonight... closest one to me is in Richmond (good hour and a half+ away) and the second closest one is all the way back up in Pennsylvania! :rofl: Darn... I was hoping to stop by and see one that I could play finally. :(

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
They honestly do mate. At least thats the UK representative for Ibanez told me when i asked him, beacuse I was there filling out the order for my work for one. But hey, I could be lying I suppose.

Dude I'm not saying you're a liar, but if you goto any store that has these in America, they charge $649.99 w/ no case. Places that include a case charge $749-769. Maybe in Europe it's different.

usagi

more gain please
Reaction score
"- The balance is a disgrace compared to the Razorback for example, but it's manageable. I do like that it's light-weight though. "

Ibanez forum has a fix for the Xiphos neck dive. Somebody had posted a video showing where to move the front strap lock.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah well it's not so bad. I brought it to practice last night and it was comfortable enough. I wouldn't drill a new hole into it until I know if I'm keeping it, also :)

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude I'm not saying you're a liar, but if you goto any store that has these in America, they charge $649.99 w/ no case. Places that include a case charge $749-769. Maybe in Europe it's different.

The two big chains here sell the guitar with the case for about 750 CAD. They've actually never received one without the case according to a couple of sales guys.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Okay but this isn't Canada, I'm not sure why stores here don't include a case (at least the big chains). Anyone know where I can get a case?