Zombie games

• Thread starter facepalm66
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mexi

Reaction score
In seriousness though, there's a series of mods for the original Half-Life called "They Hunger." Those were pretty sweet back in the day, although they predate Steam by a long time, so I'm not sure how installing them would work.

I loved those! honestly, when I think "zombie game" those mods are usually the first thing that come into mind because of how novel and genuinely freaky they were at a time when I was really getting into games as a kid.

facepalm66

The Master of Joints
Reaction score
Haven't tried the alone in the dark nor resident evil! What the fuck was I thinking? :D

Other ones - all done (except the unpublished ones, obviously :D

flint757

Reaction score
Fort Zombie is pretty fun (PC). They keep things pretty realistic making it quite difficult (Stamina, ammo, noise, etc.).

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
No one mentioned Alan Wake or Silent Hill.

Silent Hill 2 is the absolute shit!!!!!!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Borderlands has a zombie expansion pack, and it's pretty good.

top.jpg

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Anyone who plays Dayz. I am on the metalhead server and i'd be open to sharing supplies haha xD

soliloquy

Reaction score
Yakuza-dead-souls-ps3-cover-1.jpg

after finishing the walking dead game, i was in the mood for a mindless zombie popping game that is in 3rd person. picked this up for 15 bucks. totally worth it! this game is a bit of an action adventure rpg. its all in japanese (the voice overs) however, in a way, its similar to the zelda series where you have to read whatever the characters are saying.

but i wont call this the 'game of the year' or anything similar. but its quiet fun, very addictive, and its an RPG (though its not being classified as such for some reason....)...the side quests come your way, rather than you going WAY out of your way to finish them. they have a quarantined section and a normal city section which i thought was interesting...

they also have their weird japanese humor too that plays on a lot of proverbs

on top of that, i've clicked in about 7 hours and i'm still sitting on 10% of the game. needless to say, this game is huge

Pedantic

(Djent pun)
Reaction score
Get project Zomboid. It's a survival zombie game that is in alpha or beta right now.

Edika

Reaction score
I liked Dead Island a lot even if it did have some weak points to the story. Crunching bones, stomping heads, cutting off limbs and having scarce ammo was quite realistic and fun!
Left4Dead wasn't half bad even though it was weapon based. No real bosses but when the swarm attacked it gave you a run for your money.
The Silent Hill series while not exactly zombie based is very atmospheric. Resident Evil 4 was fun.

Chris_H87

Gear Whore
Reaction score
RDR Undead Nightmare is awesome. Borderlands Zombie Island of Dr. Ned is also a good but short zombie campaign (you can also co-op it).