Zombie spalted maple Blackdroid for the win!

• Thread starter metalvince333
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I just put the deposit down for my Hufschmid Blackdroid 6 string guitar! When Pat sent me a picture of the guitar I realised a little something...

hiddenspaltedzombie

I'll have the first spalted maple Hufschmid guitar!

specs:
6string
25.5 inches
Hidden Zombie Spalted maple top
mahogany back and neck
flame maple pickups
ziricote or mystery wood fretboard
Coffee oil finish
rev. Headstock

this guitar makes me sooo friggin exited!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is an awesome looking piece of wood for the top :yesway:

I'm curious what he's going to do to stop the top from continuing to decay if it's an oil finish... though I guess a rotting top would go with the zombie :rofl:

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that this is a two-piece top? I'd swear I saw a post of Patrick's that stated he only built one-piece bodies.

Having said that, I did notice Bare Knuckle and Motor City pickups being offered as alternatives to his usual Kent Armstrong line on his website at one point.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that this is a two-piece top? I'd swear I saw a post of Patrick's that stated he only built one-piece bodies.

He does only build one piece bodies afaik, but theres a difference in a one piece body, and bookmatching a top.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Well its only a bookmatched drop top, as for pickups I would of chosen the kent Armstrong's even if I had the choice of other pickups.They seem to be the perfect pickups for what I want and the new flame maple covers are just the best looking covers ive ever seen.

Ive been showing this picture to everyone I know and Im freakin out!:scream:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well its only a bookmatched drop top, as for pickups I would of chosen the kent Armstrong's even if I had the choice of other pickups.They seem to be the perfect pickups for what I want and the new flame maple covers are just the best looking covers ive ever seen.

Ive been showing this picture to everyone I know and Im freakin out!:scream:

Is he doing a drop top or just an edge bevel (drop top refers the top being bent over an arm cutaway). I'm curious as if so it's something new for him :agreed:

I have to repeat that spalt looks pretty cool :yesway:

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Is he doing a drop top or just an edge bevel (drop top refers the top being bent over an arm cutaway). I'm curious as if so it's something new for him :agreed:

I have to repeat that spalt looks pretty cool :yesway:
He mentioned a drop top but to be honest I dont totally know, its a top and its freakin sweet thats all I really care about right now.

Its my dream guitar coming true right now.

Ohh and someone grab that myrtle wood guitar if someone hasnt yet!

jbcrazy

Reaction score
He mentioned a drop top but to be honest I dont totally know, its a top and its freakin sweet thats all I really care about right now.

Its my dream guitar coming true right now.

Ohh and someone grab that myrtle wood guitar if someone hasnt yet!

I think the myrtle wood is taken. And it is an arm bevel carve not a drop top carve. The top is a two piece bookmatched maple cap. Tis all. :)

Can't wait to see what this looks like. Mine is so awesome. My Blackmachine and PRS have a new contender to deal with. :)

jbcrazy

Reaction score

Having said that, I did notice Bare Knuckle and Motor City pickups being offered as alternatives to his usual Kent Armstrong line on his website at one point.

Sorry to derail the thread but who is that on your avatar? :lol:

I emplore anyone... don't put Bare knuckles in Patrick's guitars before you try out Kent Armstrongs. I am loving them!