ZON guitars

• Thread starter Encephalon5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Encephalon5

Six String Bass Fish
Reaction score
zonguitars.com

any of you guys ever played one? Bart from the The Black Dahlia Murder plays em. What can you tell me about em?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've played a few different Sonus models and they're absolutely incredible. The build quality and fretwork is flawless and the carbon necks are super light and comfortable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So they're well worth the 4-6k right?

That's a pretty loaded question. If you like the way they sound, like the way they look, and offer the features you're looking for in a bass, then yes.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
I was at a Talkbass gathering yesterday, and there were six of them there. Two Vinny models, three Sonuses (fretless and fretted), one body shape I didn't recognize.

Lightweight and excellently crafted, but I could not stand the way they sounded. Very bright and thin tonally, no growl or punch. After talking with another guy who agreed with me, he guessed that it was probably due to the custom Bart preamp that Joe puts in his basses. Great for solo bass artists and jazz, but I didn't really dig the tones at all.

iron blast

Northern Winds
Reaction score
The bassist from "Between the Burried and Me" plays Zon basses too they sound excellent in the right sittuation but not for everyone.

Mr12ax7

Reaction score
Ive meet a guy that worked for ZON there pretty nice people. my preamp broke in my bass and he offered me to send it to him and he would fix it! FREE! but i love there basses nice look and feel. if you have the money and you like it one! and dose Robert from metallica still have his signature with zon?

TolerancEJ

Reaction score
The Zon Vinny is among the top 4 of my current wishlist. I emailed Zon for a quotation on a Vinny 6 (VB6). They quoted $2750 & require a 50% downpayment to begin construction.