Zoov Custom 8 string builds for Bermuda

• Thread starter Headlikeahole
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Headlikeahole

Reaction score
I am lucky enough to be working on some 8 string guitars for Mike Fabiano and Britton Shrum of Bermuda. :hbang:

So for starters here are the basic specs:

Two 8 string guitars
#1 - Right Handed
#2 - Left Handed

30.2" Scale
24 Jumbo Stainless Frets
Dimarzio D-Activator Pickups
Black Hardware
Hipshot Fixed Bridge
Sperzel Locking Tuners

Here are the two drawings. They aren't incredibly elaborate but they don't need to be. These are also just rough sketches I now have them up hanging on the wall at the shop. As I build the necks I will let the design sink in and move lines around as I need to over the next few days.
PUnpbj0.jpg

cvN7rXA.jpg

So as far as wood choices go the guys gave me pretty much free reign to do whatever I wanted. So with that being said these are the two necks I came up with as they stand now. The neck on the left (#1) is Maple, Black Veneer, Walnut, and Lacewood. The neck on the right (#2) is Walnut, Black Veneer, Cherry, and Maple.

XJQ5d0I.jpg

Here is a spalted top that goes with #2.

PzBem6q.jpg

I have a box of parts arriving on Tuesday and then things will get hot and heavy on these two builds. I hope you enjoy. I hope to work quite a few videos into this and go a bit further than just a picture every few days. So please don't be shy ask questions and let me know what you want to see. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Headlikeahole

Reaction score
why is my post moved from the luthier section. I don't get it Luthier posting in luthier section about building guitars...... not on topic???

Housty00

Reaction score
Dude, Britton is from my hometown. We were all ridiculously excited when he joined Bermuda. One of us finally made it! My Vocalist used to be in a band with him!

celticelk

Reaction score
why is my post moved from the luthier section. I don't get it Luthier posting in luthier section about building guitars...... not on topic???

Commercial builders posting about their commissioned builds always get moved to the Dealers subforum. Players posting about their personal builds, or builds that someone else is doing for them, stay in the Luthiery subforum.

Headlikeahole

Reaction score
Well thats all fine and good. But its not a luthier subforum then. If you don't allow actual luthiers to post there. Thats sort of what I'm saying.

celticelk

Reaction score
Well thats all fine and good. But its not a luthier subforum then. If you don't allow actual luthiers to post there. Thats sort of what I'm saying.

Well, technically, it's a "luthiery" subforum, but whatever. Feel free to take it up with the mods.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's a forum for users to post their custom builds in progress. It was originally open to everybody but we ended up with a few builders flooding it with lots of threads so a lot of cool things were getting lost in the marketing efforts of a few trying to gain attention and customers.

The work on your site looks decent, sorry you find our forum rules inconvenient for your marketing efforts.

Headlikeahole

Reaction score
I understand o well. I guess I'll just keep this going here even tho I already have another thread in this section. It really wasn't marketing based I can market just fine in this section. I just wanted to put my documented builds in front of an audience looking to maybe learn something about building guitars. I didn't realize it was meant for people with instruments on order to post build pics.