Zr trem broke. help please.

• Thread starter aslsmm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
so i was getting the last little bit of fret buzz out of my 2550 custom and i was tunning my zr trem when it lost all friction and started free spinning. so i took everything apart, i took the trem out and found that the gears used to turn the screw that tightens the springs, was busted. i checked stew mac and ebay but no dice. if any one knows where to get this kind of odd ball part please let me know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
i am not totally sure, but Jymellis had some issues with his ZR trem too if i recall correctly, something to do with a screw made out of cheese which got him angry!!!

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
yeah thats the same area of the trem that im having issues with. it sucks cause it effectivly put that guitar out of commission till i get the trem fixed. fit's so stupid cause its a great desighned tremalow but they went really cheap in that one area and now it goes from being cool to being a piece of crap.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
they sell what you are looking for at ibanezrules.com ;) do you have the first gen zr with the allen screw or the second gen with the thumbwheel? either system is available at ibanezrules.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
here is the system for the first gen with the allen head

Zero Point SystemZPS - Allen Adjust2ZRT2ZPS12 $35.00

here is second gen with the thumb wheel

Zero Point System 2ZPS2 - Thumbwheel2ZRT2ZPS23 $35.00

and 3rd gen with wheel

Zero Point System 3ZPS3 - Thumbwheel2SUX5AA0043 $35.00

these are the complete gear systems :)