11 string guitar

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Look at this thing

Buy Godin A11 Glissentar 11-String Fretless Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend

that would be awsome to use for some cool arabic/indian/egyptian/(all other exotic nations between Europe and China) type acoustic lead stuff with a seven string chugging out some heavy chords behind it.
I kinda want one but its expensive, and frets are like my safety blanket in the world of guitar.

D

Desecrated

Posted, several times :)
Please use search function.
B+ for effort and initiative

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D

Desecrated

But if your interested in fretless guitars, please make another thread and me and apophis will be along to bug you with suggestions.

D

Desecrated

It's a 12-string without the bass octave (and without frets of course). An ERG its not.

We kinda have a little silent agreement of this forum; all forms of multi-strings, extended range, weird experiments that wont fit anywhere else, goes here. Anything with more then 7-string regarding of range has been posted :D

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd consider fretless instruments to be 'extended range' anyway, due to all the micro-tones that can't be easily accessed on a normal guitar.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but...
I have been away from this forum for awhile (crazy busy new job), but I picked up a Glissentar for a pretty good price and have had the fortune to jam with a great tabla player. [The Glissentar is supposed to try and emulate the Oud.]

I have putzed around with different tunings, and will likely try others, but because the tabla he was using initially was tuned to "D" I settled on
D-A-D-F#-A-D. Initially I also played a bit with D-A-D-F#-B-D, but didn't like the setup.

I play it clean through a tiny amp. I have a Roland Micro cube, and have played it also through an older Roland 10W amp and the Vox equivalent to the Micro Cube. Not to mention running it through a preamp directly and into the tabla player's computer/speaker system.

I am still learning, and am reading all kinds of books on Arabic and Indian music, but the potential is pretty great. I will post some samples of what we have done if I can figure out how, but everything is just straight up improv.

I am waiting to hear the recordings from the last session where there was another fretless guitarist playing along (we never met before that day). There were some uncertain moments, and some great ones too.

Anyone else here play one?

Latest posts