NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
LOL at Auston Matthews. Mr 70 goal scorer already made a case for himself as a playoff underachiever. Then last night mysteriously not in a pivotal game due to "food poisoning". Glad I'm not a Leafs fan. Like..Dude.. take some pepto and get the F on the ice. It's the playoffs!

Swayman now 3-0 in net for the B's. Gotta ride the kid now. He's ready. It's his team. That being said, they'll start Ullmark in game 5, and I'll be pissed.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Damn just realized the Canucks are down to their third string goaltender...
I saw some footage where your boy DeSmith took contact behind the net, didn't look all that bad but I assume concussion protocol related.

Canucks just pulled off an improbable comeback to go up 3-1 in the series :partyhat:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
As I predicted before they even made the playoffs, the Caps are officially swept. That might have been the worst special teams performance I’ve seen. The Rangers literally live on their special teams and straight up murdered them. Carolina (Isles aren’t winning that series) is going to kill them 5v5.

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
  • Would you be surprised to hear that this was another game where the Capitals dominated the Rangers at five-on-five only to be burned by special teams play? Well, it was. They recorded 27 scoring chances at five-on-five to New York’s 13. Overall in the series, they held positive differentials at five-on-five in shot attempts (+14), scoring chances (+20), and high-danger chances (+9). That math feels like trying to put aloe vera on a third-degree burn right now but alas, it’s something.
All these analysts talking about how great the Rangers are. The Caps were a terrible 5v5 team. They couldn’t score during the regular season let alone the playoffs. The Rangers are going to run out of luck against a good team.

Also interesting, Oshie played with a broken hand (not shocked) in Game 4. But maybe more surprising, he made it a point to be last of the ice after game and other players have mentioned it might have been his last NHL game. Dude is physically broken, he has one year on contract left, but it looks like he might be joining Backstrom in permanent LTIR.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
If Winnipeg really is the defensive beast of the west, it could be a good year to be an Avs fan. Which is good, because it wasn't a good year to be a Habs fan. :lol:
They are looking like the team that won the cup in 2022. Averaging 5.5 goals a game is just silly.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Also interesting, Oshie played with a broken hand (not shocked) in Game 4. But maybe more surprising, he made it a point to be last of the ice after game and other players have mentioned it might have been his last NHL game. Dude is physically broken, he has one year on contract left, but it looks like he might be joining Backstrom in permanent LTIR.
That's a pity, from afar I liked Oshie.

They are looking like the team that won the cup in 2022. Averaging 5.5 goals a game is just silly.
They made the Jets look like an eastern conference wildcard team on Sunday.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Hard fought series with Tampa. Panthers are gonna have their hands full with Boston.

Go Cats!

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
As I predicted before they even made the playoffs, the Caps are officially swept. That might have been the worst special teams performance I’ve seen. The Rangers literally live on their special teams and straight up murdered them. Carolina (Isles aren’t winning that series) is going to kill them 5v5.
Crazy that Ovechkin was held completely pointless