1997 stevens 7 string split headstock explorer. yo, nikt!!!!!

• Thread starter crik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Oh man! That's end of internet for me.
I can't even imagine how hard it was to find SUCH big blank of high quality white korina. And with brazillian rosewood?
It looks 10 times better that I taught

Great thanks for sharing. Amazing build as all of your customs! You've got taste Sir!

nikt gets back to his Gibby Explorer 7 ;)

crik

Reaction score
Oh man! That's end of internet for me.
I can't even imagine how hard it was to find SUCH big blank of high quality white korina. And with brazillian rosewood?
It looks 10 times better that I taught

Great thanks for sharing. Amazing build as all of your customs! You've got taste Sir!

nikt gets back to his Gibby Explorer 7 ;)
it’s a callback to derringer’s split hs, which i’ve ogled and fetished since i was a kid in central pennsyltucky.

also? who better to make an exact replica of an og “50s explorer than the man who has worked on more of them than anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Damn, that's incredible. I wish I had grabbed a Stevens explorer instead of going down the other boutique guitar rabbithole because I think that's one I'd actually still have around.

btw, if this is who I think it is, and I have a hard time believing it wouldn't be with that guitar, I still have the Elmwood you sold me (and added another) and brought to the other side of the world:

ABLVV85vKwJpAHKI_xSKyxNQ5gRYat3ttiOMFxnj-D9ZREtlw5pErKmTAXCtdgcpTEVEkS-z4s9DeRT5tYoSVBUhhlAoTWr499p8YBycvfO_Fc0f0QzWHZ0J6RF1LF4tHn6fvzdn5IksSRbz8Wvfok2xgHAj-w=w1355-h1806-s-no-gm

crik

Reaction score
Damn, that's incredible. I wish I had grabbed a Stevens explorer instead of going down the other boutique guitar rabbithole because I think that's one I'd actually still have around.

btw, if this is who I think it is, and I have a hard time believing it wouldn't be with that guitar, I still have the Elmwood you sold me (and added another) and brought to the other side of the world:

ABLVV85vKwJpAHKI_xSKyxNQ5gRYat3ttiOMFxnj-D9ZREtlw5pErKmTAXCtdgcpTEVEkS-z4s9DeRT5tYoSVBUhhlAoTWr499p8YBycvfO_Fc0f0QzWHZ0J6RF1LF4tHn6fvzdn5IksSRbz8Wvfok2xgHAj-w=w1355-h1806-s-no-gm
hi jason! hope all’s well in your world!

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is Stevens a Boston area builder? I grew up there and am not familiar.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Is Stevens a Boston area builder? I grew up there and am not familiar.

Nah, he's out in Texas. He's basically a cowboy these days that builds guitars sometimes, but before that he helped start the Fender Custom Shop.