2023 News ?

• Thread starter manu80
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Not sure if this is news or not, but I just found this preorder for a run of Mick's custom shop carbon fiber. Way out of my price range, but still pretty cool.

230126399405025f.jpg
Oh fuck yeah. His Carbon Fiber guitars are always sick looking. I love his old Carbon Fiber RG.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Kramer announced a couple of new guitars (or variations of current guitars).
There isn't any Kramer love here though.
I became a fan recently, via the Baretta Special. It's a cheap guitar but holy balls is it good. Easily one of my favorites now and I wish they made this as a 7. Kramer is definitely on my radar now and I'm an Ibanez fanboy.

jonsick

Reaction score
Given world shortages and the fact that most manufacturers have failed to get out announced models from 2022, I can't see much being announced to great fanfare for 2023.

Do manufacturers really need new lineups every year? Surely just getting some product shipped at all is the main priority.

That said, I doubt we'll see much from Jackson/Charvel, certainly no BC Rich. Will Dean see 2024? I've been told Gibson quality control is actually on the up, would love to go and investigate that for myself. ESP, well, I know they make good gear but have heard reports of bad QC lately on their E-II models.

I think it may be another dry year, probably will stay that way for a good while yet.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
So far Ibanez has released a some good info. I appreciate their continuation of previous years models too.

Pretty stoked on the new Polyphia sigs, and also stoked for Ibanez testing out their Axe Design Lab.

But in the wishful side of things, and I’m beating a dead horse here, Jackson really needs to release an Indo-tier 7 string Kelly with a standard headstock. Solid black. Hard tail or trem, I don’t give a shit. I have a current-gen KEXQ and it’s goddamn great. So good I just ordered the black one. Just wish it was seven strings.

flv75

Reaction score
New Jackson 2023!
Two RRX24, a Scott Ian x-series green, and a Pro Series Signature Mark Heylmun RR24-7

Attachments

• jacksonguitars-jacksonprorr247roseriessignaturemarkheylmunrhoadsrr247eblux-2.jpg
    jacksonguitars-jacksonprorr247roseriessignaturemarkheylmunrhoadsrr247eblux-2.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 94
  • jacksonguitars-jacksonxseriessignaturescottiankingvrwbaldini-6.jpg
    jacksonguitars-jacksonxseriessignaturescottiankingvrwbaldini-6.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 94
  • jacksonguitars-jacksonxseriesrhoadsrrx24lrlbattleshipgraywithblackbevels-2.jpg
    jacksonguitars-jacksonxseriesrhoadsrrx24lrlbattleshipgraywithblackbevels-2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 79
  • jacksonguitars-jacksonxseriesrhoadsrrx24lrlmattearmydrabwithblackbevels-2.jpg
    jacksonguitars-jacksonxseriesrhoadsrrx24lrlmattearmydrabwithblackbevels-2.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 93

manu80

Reaction score
I was so hoping for the slime scott ian !!!!!!!! great !
Wish they would have kept the black hardware though like the USA.....

Last edited:

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I did not need to see that Heylmun sig. Fuck! :yum: :wub:

I was planning on trying to be good this year and only get one guitar, but that is a hard one to pass up.

EDIT: $1700 USD ain't bad!

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Heylmun sig is sick af! Was considering buying the Concept series RR with the tacky camo finish but this one is so much better
I was thinking the same thing, but there’s a definite monkey’s paw thing going on with these two:

The concept series one you’re more likely to get a better playing and feeling guitar as the MII and MIC Jacksons have been a gamble, comes with a case, and normal pickup routes, and a better trem. The trade off being the finish is “meh”.

The Heylmun sig could be really good, but then you’ll have to buy a case if you don’t already have one that will fit it. I’m cool with the Fishmans, I just with they were normal humbucker size. But, my god that is a classy Rhoads 7.

The price difference is ~$500 stateside, so this is a tough call personally. I’ve really been gas-ing for a offset V 7 stringer for the past few months.

I’m going to have to try and be smart/patient and wait to see what all is actually coming out this year cause I’m feeling mighty impulsive :lol: