212 with bass crossover?

• Thread starter Bearitone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Do any cab makers offer a 212 or 112/115 cab with a bass crossover? Like 1 guitar speaker paired with a bass speaker that handles all the low end?

I used to have an ISP Theta Combo amp that did exactly this and sounded phenomenal. Was hoping to find the same thing in a stand-alone speaker cab.

If not, what custom cab makers could do this?

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I know this isn’t exactly the answer you’re looking for, but I’m 99% sure that you could take a guitar cab and the right parts to a local car audio place and they’d do it for cheaper (and faster) than any guitar specific company.

I might have to try doing this with the Randall 2x12+15 I have on police hold at GC.

0rimus

Reaction score
I took my Mojotone vertical 212 and slapped some 12" PA speakers in there. 600w rms a piece, down to 20Hz.

What's crazy is when I play normal ass guitar through it, it sounds really good. If my Celestion K100 and Redback combo that was in there before was like a 9/10, then the PA combo would have to like 8/10 for guitar tones.

Also crazy is a pair of those PA speakers was like $90 off of ebay.

Bass, keyboard, vocals, electronic drum kit, etc. The whole damn band can play through my one dumb cabinet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
Just use a pair of EV or WGS 12L's. Useful low end down to 50Hz.

Otherwise you just need to install a 2 way crossover. Probably 80-100Hz.

Also to have useful low end below 50Hz. You'll need to have a properly engineered cabinet. Might be easier to start with a bass cab with a bass driver.

If the low frequency driver is moving a LOT of air, I would suggest having separate chambers too.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a bass cab but maybe sounds okay for guitar? No personal experience with it though.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I believe there is a level for 6". I didn't see where it's crossed over though.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Hit up Emperor?