2x12 suggestions...

• Thread starter l1ll1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So after leaving behind my Acoustic 4x12 when moving, I'm looking for a 2x12. Main head driving it will be a 2210, all my guitars are tuned one whole step down, main one is a 7 in A standard and the occasional Drop G.
I'm looking on the used market, so I'm not really looking for just one brand/model, but need some options.
Any ideas / recommendations are very welcome!

Must haves:
Stereo capability, because I'm experimenting with weird shit a lot.

Nice to haves:
Able to move it alone
Not much narrower as the head cause cosmetics

So far I've been seeing some 1936s and 2536s for cheap. Never played the Engls, but they are also on the cheaper side around here...

Thanks for your time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
G-flex 2x12. Stock speakers are fantastic though more sterile than I eventually ended up preferring through the years, but the enclosure will make any front loaded speakers sound better IMO.
No f-in way... I had two 1x12s from Genz Benz when I bought the Marshall in 2002.
Thanks for the recommendation!

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
EU makes me think marshall zilla or engl as far as stereo and easy to find ?
Yeah I have an eye on the Engls, sadly I don't have experience with them – just with their standard 4x12 with the V60s.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can you get to a dealer and test one?
Already thought about that, but Berlins biggest store closed early this year, the others are... well "select"... and 2x12s are surprisingly hard to find in store. Especially Engl ones. Thinking about writing someone when I see one on the used market, to just test it out.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Port City makes some great cabs, I had one of their 2x12s for many years. Not sure if they'll have exactly what you're looking for but you can go down the rabbit hole if interested.

I'm still rocking a pair of the OS vertical 2x12s. By default they aren't stereo but Daniel will wire them that way if you ask.

However, I bet the cost of shipping overseas will be prohitive.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If your budget permits, stereo FX sound way better through two physically separated amps/cabs.
Yeah I totally agree. Got two combos for excactly that reason for all clean/break up/sound designy-things... But I know that I will want to experiment with the 2x12 and running two different amp sections into it, just for recording purposes.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm still rocking a pair of the OS vertical 2x12s. By default they aren't stereo but Daniel will wire them that way if you ask.

However, I bet the cost of shipping overseas will be prohitive.
Yeah oversea shipping is out of the question, I'm looking for something around 400-600 €, which is Marshalls, Engls + oddballs I don't know about in this place. So I'm thankful for all recommendations...

død

Reaction score
I know that Diezel makes stereo 2x12s, one popped up for sale here in Norway not that long ago, betting they’re more readily available in Germany than here.

BabUShka

Reaction score
I've had the Engl Standard to match a Powerball. Compared to my Framus 212 V30 cab it sounded cheap and dull even though it seems like a super solid cab.

If your looking into Engl cabs, get the Pro with V30 - its worth the price difference . Should be able to match your budget if you but an used one, especially in Germany/Europe.

If your looking into saving some money, those Harley Bento cabs are like $300 New with V30 speakers and stereo option. Not to promotere HB, im not using them myself - but its an option though Thomann.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know that Diezel makes stereo 2x12s, one popped up for sale here in Norway not that long ago, betting they’re more readily available in Germany than here.
They are sometimes and they are the ultimate 2x12 that I have played, but they are expensive, even around here & used...

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had the Engl Standard to match a Powerball. Compared to my Framus 212 V30 cab it sounded cheap and dull even though it seems like a super solid cab.

If your looking into Engl cabs, get the Pro with V30 - its worth the price difference . Should be able to match your budget if you but an used one, especially in Germany/Europe.

If your looking into saving some money, those Harley Bento cabs are like $300 New with V30 speakers and stereo option. Not to promotere HB, im not using them myself - but its an option though Thomann.
Thanks for the insight! I have seen an Engl 2x12 with V30s for a good price from time to time.
Have not yet tried HB cabs, cause the amps and guitars I had to use in theatre productions some time ago where horrible...

BabUShka

Reaction score
I've had my 212 cab for over 10 years now and will most likely use it 10+ years from now. Probably good idea to buy some quality if you have bad experience with the HB stuff :)