3 things this guy hates about death metal drumming

• Thread starter Ibanezsam4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demonsev7en

SS's Main-Midlander!
Reaction score
The end is brilliant, that made my day!

I totally agree, all the death metal bands round here blast for half a bar then fill, cos they just can't keep it up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Charles

Happy Metal
Reaction score
Great video, his kit actually sounds really good considering it's going straight into the cam mic.

As for his English, I'd say it's pretty impressive considering he's not a native speaker. Yeah, it may not flow well, but I detect no traces of an accent whatsoever and it seems like if he just works on articulating the words that come to his mind (I have the same problem with German) he'd be more than understandable.

EDIT: On the subject matter, I'll have to go out on a limb and agree with him fully with regards to people who knowingly do things one way to avoid having to practice and do it another. I'm not just talking about drummers who avoid their weak hand, but also guitarists who intentionally use tone to cover up their sloppy playing and other such things. Practice, you lazy assholes!

Wingchunwarrior

OVER THE LINE!
Reaction score
I don't think its english not being his first language I think he has a speech impediment. Well thats what it sounds like to me anyway.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Neil Peart shit, like doot doot doodley doot. Doot doot de doot. Aaaah!

Excellent.

Steve08

Reaction score
I don't think its english not being his first language I think he has a speech impediment. Well thats what it sounds like to me anyway.
I asked him where's from in a comment, he's Finnish. I think his English is pretty damn good for someone who probably isn't a native speaker.

Great video btw :lol:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
funny as hell and hes shreds that drum set

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I think all 3 of his points are stupid. That's just the style :shrug:

As for point 3, I don't think it's very valid since I think a lot of drummers do shit in the middle of their blasts to break up the monotony. Blast for longer than 10 seconds, people say you're boring. Break it up with fills and people say you can't hold a blast very long :shrug:

Guy can obviously drum, but anything he has to say about metal is negated by his Bad Religion shirt :lol:

WaterWorkzz

I make movies.
Reaction score
"if you..cant..play as fast as your..left hand, then you should go audition for...NICKELBACK" xD

Disco Volante

Reaction score
lmao at the part with the Neil Peart stuff. I totally agree with this guy though and as much as I like the heavy stuff, I typically do not care for blast beats one bit. I think they just sound like shit 90% of the time. This guy sums it up "it's not cool, it's not heavy"

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
haha i mostly agree with the first two. i havent been trying to do blasts for that long so right now i have to cheat on the first two. but i dont play in a band so its ok. the third one i def agree with him. i fucking hate hearing fills all the damn time. the dude's got some skills though.

TheAceOfSpades1

Reaction score
I expected to be annoyed at this guy but I actually found it pretty damn funny and I agree to an extent on each of his 3 opinions. I do dread the first drum pattern though..

joshc482

Reaction score
it has a nice kinda jens kidman scream part at "this" part. funny stuff

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
HEY GUYS!!! GIVE HIM A BREAK! He is a drummer, speech is a difficult subject for them. :fawk:

Jokes aside he makes some good points, death metal drumming is more than just the generic blast beats that are becoming commonplace.:yesway: