3 things this guy hates about death metal drumming

• Thread starter Ibanezsam4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drewcifer

Resonator
Reaction score
Fuckin guys helarious! But who fucking cares how good or not he speaks english... ITS ABOUT THE MUSIC MAAAAAN oh and i agree totally with thoughs 3 things, not because its people being lazy with it, but because it sounds like shit!

Mn3mic

Reaction score
All 3 things are true, especially the first one and the last one...fucking hate that...

Btw...he is one the funniest drummers on youtube :)

THATS 3 THINGS I HATE ABOUT DEATHMETAL DRUMMING!!! AAAAAA!!!!

Hahahhhaha - simply epic :)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Instant classic. :lol:

I do think that long blast beats are monotonous, though, but the fills between blasts need to be something interesting enough not to make it seem like the drummer ran out of steam for a second.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Whether or not this was intended to be a joke video (which the vibe of it all indicates so) I found this fucking hilarious. I'm pretty impressed at his english as well and intonation, he cracked me up with the Peart stuff. Awesome video xD

TheWreck

Grind Your Mind!
Reaction score
LOL! this is an amazing video!

I think that he's right with his 3 statement, but I think that what he demonstrate in the first statement could have been explained in an other way.

That kind of blast beat with slower hihat hand are great when they are followed by a full speed all member alternate blast beat...the speed gain illusion is perfect!

Semi-pro

Reaction score
:lol: My man Frans! If you guys wanna hear his drumming in a band context, check out Chaos Infinitum on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (now disbanded :( ) -he plays in the top 3 songs in the player.

He obviously hasn't listened to a lot of death metal.

1:20 of Nile's 'Annihilation Of The Wicked'

:lol: obviously someone else hasn't listened to a lot of death metal, by not being able to bring up nothing else but the most obvious example that is among the most popular ones and is widely known for always having worked with very skillfull drummers... Nile would of course be on the list of the good examples, that don't do those 3 things. There are so many bad drummers in especially DM, i guess because it's a tempting genre for people with the tendency to play over their skills...

JJ Rodriquez said:
Guy can obviously drum, but anything he has to say about metal is negated by his Bad Religion shirt

:spock: If a metalhead digs other kind of music too, his "metal knowledge" will be erased? I think the only "thing" about the shirt is that the guy's good for the image of Bad Religion fans cos of the awesome drumming:idea:

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
This was hilarious :rofl:

I do agree that everything he says is subjective though.

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
I agree with point 1, don't feel strongly about point 2 and disagree completely with point 3. God forbid you mix things up when you blast :rolleyes:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
i think its because english isn't his first language

He's from Finland. :yesway:

Funnily enough I think that all 3 things are directed at the Whitechapel drummer, they were the first band that came to mind for each thing :lol:

He's posted a video of him playing a Whitechapel song, so we know he listens to them.

Steve08

Reaction score
He's from Finland. :yesway:

Funnily enough I think that all 3 things are directed at the Whitechapel drummer, they were the first band that came to mind for each thing :lol:

He's posted a video of him playing a Whitechapel song, so we know he listens to them.

Kevin Lane is pretty good I think. I'd say the drummer of Fleshgod fits better for what the dude in the video was talking about.

As for the 2nd thing, I can kind of see where he's coming from, but most drummers that don't follow the bass drum for every hit with the cymbal hand will usually use that hand for doing a bunch of cool stuff on top, ie. Jamie from Ulcerate, Dirk Verbeuren, John Longstreth etc. I also think it's a bit harder to pull off since it's a natural thing to have both limbs on the same side play the same rhythm.

Bjorn

Reaction score
Hypocrite! He's being lazy by alternating RLRL:| on the bass drum while doing blasts! Suffo-blast<Derek-blast :p

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
that video was amazing, and fucking hilarious. i love this dude, he just doesn't give a fuck. some valid points imo, but it's all subjective i guess.

his facial expressions while playing make everything :yesway: though

edit: just went through his vids, and this guy is fucking amazing. covering red chord songs on guitar, and drums??? the faceless drums???? primus bass???? and to top it off he covers neurosis... i wanna be this guys friend real bad...