7-String Xiphos? Interesting resemblance...

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
So, I just saw this, and was like, wow, that shape looks really familiar... where was it from....

Ah, right, it came from my dream about a 7-string Xiphos.

Seriousley, I wonder if Chris Woods would be up for the challenge, since I seriousley doubt Ibanez will.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
For the price of that Killer 7 you could probably bribe a group of magic gnomes to handcraft a Xiphos 7..

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
This was up a long ass time ago. I think we all laughed at the one lonely tuner at the bottom.

But why not just use the Xiphos body for the design? In stead of the Xiphos body on LSD?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
My baby will always win out in the end:

stealth3ql8.jpg

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
For the price of that Killer 7 you could probably bribe a group of magic gnomes to handcraft a Xiphos 7..

Killers are insanely expensive and very very ugly (there is line of cheaper Killers, but the regular ones are ridiculously expensive).

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I love that 7 string Killer, too bad it cost 3 limbs and isn't 24 fret.

...but, perhaps Chris Woods could resolve that issue, as that, with 24 frets, neck through, and tilt back headstock would be VERY drool worthy..

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the Killers. Not as much as the Stealth (or a Jackson Warrior), but I still like them - they're kinda brutally ugly in a way that really succeeds for me. :lol:

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Hmm... yes, that Stealth is gorgeous. Let me know if you ever lose an arm and decide to sell the guitar. (Probably the only way you would consider it)

Sorry if this was a little confusing... I was thinking maybe Chris Woods would make a 7-string Xiphos, not a Killer copy, though I don't think the Killer is all that ugly either. Do we know why they're so expensive?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm... yes, that Stealth is gorgeous. Let me know if you ever lose an arm and decide to sell the guitar. (Probably the only way you would consider it)

Sorry if this was a little confusing... I was thinking maybe Chris Woods would make a 7-string Xiphos, not a Killer copy, though I don't think the Killer is all that ugly either. Do we know why they're so expensive?

The Japanese Killers are very, very high quality guitars - built by ESP, IIRC. The Korean ones supposedly aren't bad, either. That's obviously a Japanese one, and it's in line, price-wise, with Japanese ESPs.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Muhammed from necrophagist is having a 7 string Xiphos made for him since the next album will be using a 7 string. As far as a production model we don't know.