8 Strings with trem

• Thread starter Isaapostasied
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Isaapostasied

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that makes a production 8 string with a trem (preferably a floyd) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Have looked at the usual suspects, and can't find anyone with a production 8 string with floyd that doesn't cost 6 grand. While I'd love to get an Applehorn 8, just not in the cards any time soon.

If something is available for $2000 or less I have yet to find it. Might just have to go Kiesel or something at some point.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Aaaaaand, that's a wrap. Those are basically the only 3 "production" models. The Edwards is a JDM release, and the LTD isn't technically out yet (preorders only).

There was a recent BC Rich Shredzilla 8 FR, and a lot of places still have them in stock, but I'm not sure that they're actively being made.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, and there are some agiles with Kahler a floating around. Same as with Floyds, but the Floyds are rarer.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
solid color maple neck kiesel osiris 8 string is like 1800$ new with trem. you could potentially get an rg8 and an 8 string floyd and have a luthier put it all together with a stainless refret and land around 1000$

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've actually been wondering if Aristides would make an 080 with a Floyd Rose. It's probably been done before

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I've actually been wondering if Aristides would make an 080 with a Floyd Rose. It's probably been done before
When the 080 launched, several articles included renderings of a yellow one with a Floyd. No idea if they ended up actually building any, or if the Floyd option was actually officially available.

1. 2.

Last edited:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Guitarists: you guys have an 8s with floating trems?

Guitar companies: are you rich?

We need some cheap ass options for messing around. You really gotta shell out to experiment with these things.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When the 080 launched, several articles included renderings of a yellow one with a Floyd. No idea if they ended up actually building any, or if the Floyd option was actually officially available.

1. 2.
Yes that's the render that made me believe it may actually be possible. When I have the funds imma ask them about it, I've never seen one or seen it listed as an option on their 080 order form but we will see.