9 String Guitar Band

Reaction score
Hey guys, we're a 9 string guitar band operating in the middle east. We just got our new Agile 30" baby seal clubs and they are awesome! We've been reading around on this site and others that a lot of people think a 9 string would entirely change the roll of a bassist in a composition. We have a 5 string bassist, he seems to have no issues.
The guitars are tuned low to high
c# f# b e a d f# a# d#. The bassists tunes with us or we put him a cage and humiliate him. We dont djent, we save that for djentlemen. We hate deathcore. This song is about the economic disparity that seems to be prevalent throughout most our capitalist societies. My economics professor did not accept this song in lieu of a research paper...sadly.:rolleyes:

10 Face Down - Saturday Morning Snuff - MP3 Download, Play, Listen Songs - 4shared

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
That tone has more fizz than club soda. It's un listenable.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
This is a joke right? This project is scatching satire on overly idealist pretentious 14 year olds who are completely unaware of the workings of the world, and who are too young and naive to realize the complexity of keeping society running at all right?

Please tell me that the recording quality is because you're trying to literally record on a potato. Like, literally shoving your 1/4 cable into an unboiled potato and micing that up. Also, please tell me that the "mocking your bassist" bullshit is also a satirical dig at arrogant wanker guitarists and not just being deaf enough to not realize how important the bassist is for a band to not sound like complete garbage.

Reaction score
I communicate with my bassist by using a series of punches. As for the pretentious 14 yr old satire and etc, it doesn't really apply because the songs on band camp are not the above mentioned song. These are just demos for an album project. In any case thanks for the input.

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
This is a joke right? This project is scatching satire on overly idealist pretentious 14 year olds who are completely unaware of the workings of the world, and who are too young and naive to realize the complexity of keeping society running at all right?

Please tell me that the recording quality is because you're trying to literally record on a potato. Like, literally shoving your 1/4 cable into an unboiled potato and micing that up. Also, please tell me that the "mocking your bassist" bullshit is also a satirical dig at arrogant wanker guitarists and not just being deaf enough to not realize how important the bassist is for a band to not sound like complete garbage.
Pretty much all of this.

And these guys are playing 9 strings like 8, 7, 6, 5, or 4 werent enough for them lol.

This has to be a troll.

brb Africa, north korea, china are now all capitalist entities lol

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The first part of the song in the OP is cool and noisy and reminds me of the deftones... but it really loses any momentum after that.

And writing about economic stuff is fine for lyrics and making jokes about the bass player is just fun. I don't see why dudeman thought he needed to rag on OP from way up on his horse.

RGM8

Djent Accessories
Reaction score
After listening to the barely listenable first track on the bandcamp site, this band clearly has no concept of tone, and I can definetely so why they beat down on the bass player, it's like listening to underground hardcore, but underground hardcore is ok, because you expect awful recording, simple riffs and gross tone. Prog rock? nine strings doesn't make you prog. Maybe you should take your 1/4 cable out of your Axe FX-Potato and get a lesson.

Mayhew

Reaction score
Nothing like necrobumping just so you can shit on something. ^This poster clearly has no concept of tact, unlike the OP.

Nats

Reaction score
I listened to the track and thought holy shit this is a fizzy mess. Than I saw someone said it had more fizz than club soda and thought "this guy gets it". Then I realized that guy was me. Then I realized this thread is over 2 months old. Way to go rgm8 :noway:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
If a guitarist thinks his 9 string is going to "challenge the roll of a bassist" in a composition they need to have a word with themselves.