90s Nostalgia

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
100% agree with @The Monster With . I think that as a kid we were just used to the standard issue ice-cream scoops. When the Viennetta came out, it was a lot about the texture/ mouth feel. They didn't even have Magic Shell when I was a little kid. The Viennetta had that thin crispy layer of chocolate or whatever and combined with the piped soft-serve style ice-cream, it was a welcome treat.

We rarely ever had it in our house though as I'm sure it was outside of the grocery budget. But no one seemed to be able to resist the Viennetta at least once or twice when it hit the scene.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Then they screwed with the formula when they brought it back in 2021, because the one I had was suupper icy, almost like it had been kept out of the freezer for a long time then re-frozen, but the package didn't have any of the tell-tale signs of that trauma.

In other non-ice cream-based nostalgia...

Though I had to laugh at this entry in the Wikipedia page for the Bad Boys movie soundtrack. This song appeared in it, but the way this paragraph is worded, it sounds like they are trying to say that the above song by DAG was "industrial". 😅😅😅

1711274703713.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I haven't gone through all the pages yet to see if this has been posted here already, but all the Are You Afraid Of The Dark episodes are on YouTube. This show is one of the very few that when I watch certain episodes, I can remember the exact night I watched it debut and what I was doing. Had a lasting effect. Also, The Tale Of The Quicksilver scared tf out of me back then. Only other shows I can think of that conjure up similar memories of time and place are Sightings and The X Files.

https://youtube.com/@areyouafraidofthedark-theo3944?feature=shared

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't gone through all the pages yet to see if this has been posted here already, but all the Are You Afraid Of The Dark episodes are on YouTube. This show is one of the very few that when I watch certain episodes, I can remember the exact night I watched it debut and what I was doing. Had a lasting effect. Also, The Tale Of The Quicksilver scared tf out of me back then. Only other shows I can think of that conjure up similar memories of time and place are Sightings and The X Files.

https://youtube.com/@areyouafraidofthedark-theo3944?feature=shared
The one with the clown and the cigar smoke fucked me up pretty good.