a bands best album or song?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crundles

Reaction score
A band's best album or song, you say? And I can even name an entire instrument? This requires some careful thinki

NEVERMORE
This Godless Endeavour
Sentient 6
For the instrument of voice

All of voice. Ever

Fight me

Also I personally much prefer Dark Tranquility's Fiction to Damage Done, but that might just be because of Icipher. It's a really good song. I should probably finish learning it one of these days.

KailM

Reaction score
Blut Aus Nord -- Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars

ohmanthisiscool

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Death - The Sound of Perseverance
Hate me.

Ive been going through their entire discography for a month or so, almost every day and I like Perserverance the best now. It sounds the best and the playing is amazing.

Bleeding Through - 'Declaration' best album. "Sister charlatan" best song on that album but not overall

iamaom

Reaction score
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Something about the chill and more toned down feeling over Trent's earlier stuff is really appealing. The album is about a dark time in his life yet the music isn't the chaotic punky sound of his youth, it's seething yet mellow. Reminds me of when you get so angry you start talking quietly instead of shouting, because it's all you can do before you break down entirely. This album feels like a musical version of an attempt at that control. I love it.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
In Flames - The Jester Race
Goliaths Disarm Their Davids (song): I love the entire album but I remember listening to this song (before I was any good at guitar) and think that if I could ever play that solo I wouldn't need to learn anything else because I would never grow tired of playing it. I never decided to learn it because I didn't want to ruin it for me (listened to the song a thousand times though so I kinda ruined it anyway).

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Tom Waits - Take It With Me, for the piano tone. Son of a bitch it's so soft and warm, with that great 'wideness' to it

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Ive been going through their entire discography for a month or so, almost every day and I like Perserverance the best now. It sounds the best and the playing is amazing.

Bleeding Through - 'Declaration' best album. "Sister charlatan" best song on that album but not overall

Yeah I'm surprised no one immediately disagreed with that statement. Seems like whenever Death gets brought up, Symbolic or Individual Thought Patterns is praised as their peak.
Perseverance feels like the most refined, cohesive album to me, always has. Just about every song on that album is memorable.

Reactions: fps