A song I made with a friend (djent-funky-ambient)

• Thread starter yanzfoot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yanzfoot

Reaction score
A song me (guitar and bass) and my friend (drummer) wrote this week just for fun. From reading the title of the song you can guess to whom it is dedicated to.
Hope you enjoy it and any comment (regarding the Music or mix etc.) is welcome!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/pcfriki/iek-lowe[/SC]

manana

Reaction score
Pretty good mix except the bass has a really weird clicky thing that ruins the mix a lot

boobstastegreat

Reaction score
I think the clicking you are hearing is actually the attack transient on the kick drum. This sounds pretty rad to me with the exception of the kick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manana

Reaction score
I think the clicking you are hearing is actually the attack transient on the kick drum. This sounds pretty rad to me with the exception of the kick.

I don't think so. Around 30 seconds you can hear the click sounds with the bass and the kick seems to come through fine. Was the bassist popping the strings or something?

yanzfoot

Reaction score
I don't think so. Around 30 seconds you can hear the click sounds with the bass and the kick seems to come through fine. Was the bassist popping the strings or something?

Actually the whole song, the bass is slapping , and tapping

TommyG

Tommy G
Reaction score
The arrangement is good. :yesway:
I have to agree that the clicking sound does distract from the song and the rest of what is going on. You might be able to EQ some of it out.
I really like the cleaner ambient sounds with that nice reverb on it.

yanzfoot

Reaction score
The arrangement is good. :yesway:
I have to agree that the clicking sound does distract from the song and the rest of what is going on. You might be able to EQ some of it out.
I really like the cleaner ambient sounds with that nice reverb on it.

Thanks all for the input, next time when the bass is slapping I may cut a Little on the 8K :hbang:

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Yeah way to clicky on the kick... like someone being slapped in the face the whole time lol :) Except that it's really nice!

yanzfoot

Reaction score
Yeah way to clicky on the kick... like someone being slapped in the face the whole time lol :) Except that it's really nice!

I think, like I said before it's the click on the bass guitar. BTW thanks for the input!