Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Wouw that looks great!

Great color, also the neck joint is the best!!

HNGD!! maybe ones in the feature and those will be available in Europe i get one.... ;)

How are those tuners? They look kind of cool, but are they working good?

I was wondering how they’d work out and honestly they’re no different than tuning a strandberg with the Teflon washers. Very accurate, and don’t take much to get moving. Plus aesthetically they’re a great choice imo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Wow these look great :) Is there a more specific release date for the USA series?
That is the USA, isn't it? I remember a post back saying that the USA ones were close to finishing and that all of them would now have painted necks. Where as the J ones have natural neck.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering how they’d work out and honestly they’re no different than tuning a strandberg with the Teflon washers. Very accurate, and don’t take much to get moving. Plus aesthetically they’re a great choice imo.
yeah that was also what i was thinking while tuning a headless, properly even more easy since more space for your hand!
And they look killer, whole guitar does!!

Dratch

Reaction score
Got my Larada yesterday and I have to echo @glassmoon0fo’s sentiment, the Larada is incredible! I was instantly compatible with the scale length and the set up was perfect right out of the box. Given the Laradas weight, or lack thereof, and the thinness of the neck, it’s almost hard to believe this is an 8 string! As for attention to detail, Grover’s shop has exceeded expectations. No sharp frets, no excess glue protruding from crevices and the neck-through construction looks and feels great.

I will have to acclimate to playing in the upper register and the toggle position, but I feel that this will come naturally. All in all, this guitar is extremely comfortable in classical and standard position and it plays and sounds amazing. Good job Grover and Tosin, you knocked it out of the park!

Disclaimer - honeymoon phase is in full effect; however, barring some outrageous occurrence, I can see this guitar being a go-to in my collection!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Save me the trouble, guys: what is the price on the USA and the J models? (8 string) I don’t wanna page through this thread.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand these numbers @StevenC and @Hollowway

My understanding for 7-strings:

USA 7-strings Laradas: around 1800 USD
Japanese 7-string Laradads: around 3000 USD

Which kinda makes sense because Japanese models are more elaborate.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand these numbers @StevenC and @Hollowway

My understanding for 7-strings:

USA 7-strings Laradas: around 1800 USD
Japanese 7-string Laradads: around 3000 USD

Which kinda makes sense because Japanese models are more elaborate.
The info we have in this thread from Tosin is:

WMI $1800 bolt on wenge
Japan $2700 bolt on wenge
USA $3200/3300 painted maple set neck
Special carbon top USA $4000

Presumably the price difference is due to labour cost.

As I remember the Js were approximately that price on the store when available.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The info we have in this thread from Tosin is:

WMI $1800 bolt on wenge
Japan $2700 bolt on wenge
USA $3200/3300 painted maple set neck
Special carbon top USA $4000

Presumably the price difference is due to labour cost.

As I remember the Js were approximately that price on the store when available.

Are there pics of this special carbon top?

Fluence of Shred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
THis is a very long thread, so i dont want to hear UTSFE nonsense.....like as i tried to post this message, two more post showed up! Incredible, like its so popular, and i have never seen or heard anyone play this

Has anyone here bought/played one of the 8 strings?
How is the sound and tone in comparison to, IMO, the mother of 8 strings - the Ibanez M80M....

[[if applicable, can you comare the neck/profiles and give a quick little rundown of what you feel when its in your hands, if you have the predilections for shred and speed of course....]]

Latest posts