Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
What's with the horizontal lines in the paint? Weird choice if that's an intentional part of the finish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NCeuRign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The one I got was just on insta and someone else said they bought it in the drop. If they are to be believed at face value then maybe there were two of that particular finish. Or maybe an empty box is on its way to me ...

CW7

Reaction score
The one I got was just on insta and someone else said they bought it in the drop. If they are to be believed at face value then maybe there were two of that particular finish. Or maybe an empty box is on its way to me ...
Which one did you get?

CW7

Reaction score
Ok- set up and some quick play time . So far, I think this is my favorite I’ve had. It absolutely RIPS. It did still need the setup out of the case , but I’m willing to give it a pass since I am a huge sucker for gold, sparkles, and relic paint finishes. More extensive pics and review next week. But here she is with the siblings.

NCeuRign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What sort of setup out of the box did you need to do (including to the siblings)? That's mildly annoying.

CW7

Reaction score
What sort of setup out of the box did you need to do (including to the siblings)? That's mildly annoying.
So every one I’ve owned (including the other two above) have needed the saddles - namely the high E and sometimes B - filed because the way come the action won’t go lower than about 1.5mm. Also, most of them have needed the last fret leveled as it’s too high. These are minor since I can get it done in minutes, BUT- on what is essentially a 4k instrument it should be FLAWLESS and not need modifications to run low action.

NCeuRign

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mine finally arrived. It's great. I gave it a quick once over and none of the earlier thread issues were evident but the particular finish mine has means it has a uniform coating over everything so I doubt I'll find anything that someone with more mixed finishes.

I haven't even tuned it up or checked the setup. I'm too busy at work right now.

The only minor disappointment I have is I have a Starfish stand, which I love for safety between playing, and it's too wide for that. I'm not sure if I order a new Starfish and take a knife to it or something.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
So every one I’ve owned (including the other two above) have needed the saddles - namely the high E and sometimes B - filed because the way come the action won’t go lower than about 1.5mm. Also, most of them have needed the last fret leveled as it’s too high. These are minor since I can get it done in minutes, BUT- on what is essentially a 4k instrument it should be FLAWLESS and not need modifications to run low action.
Uh...1.5mm????? Is that even possible?