Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well I’ll be....

I’m hoping this is a good sign, and not just an anomaly. I’d love to get one myself, one day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
That looks awesome.

Might just be camera angles, but the fretboard looks wider on that one than on the earlier ones? If so, that's a welcome change. Some of those earlier ones looked like the strings were practically on top of the fret-end bevels.

Bforber

Reaction score
That looks awesome.

Might just be camera angles, but the fretboard looks wider on that one than on the earlier ones? If so, that's a welcome change. Some of those earlier ones looked like the strings were practically on top of the fret-end bevels.

If I'm not mistaken I think Tosin wanted really tight string spacing. I would assume that would've influenced that decision.

Either way, I've seen this guitar and one second chance model pop up, so that's a good sign. Hopefully they're not DOA when they arrive on people's doorsteps.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
According to video he did with Henning, he said the neck width on the 8 is closer to a 7-string.
The one posted on the last page looks to have normal spacing though where as all of the other ones seemed to have that super close spacing that Tosin was talking about.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like that but that A string tuner just looks crooked to me.

It's definitely the most distracting of the set, but it looked to me like it's aligned with the 'dip'. If it leaned at the same angle as the others on the base side, I'd worry about the tip of the headstock interfering with turning it.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one posted on the last page looks to have normal spacing though where as all of the other ones seemed to have that super close spacing that Tosin was talking about.

Speculation on my part, but the string spacing itself looks to still be 'narrowish' but the neck width itself looks wider. Space from string to fretboard edge look notably large to my eye.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Speculation on my part, but the string spacing itself looks to still be 'narrowish' but the neck width itself looks wider. Space from string to fretboard edge look notably large to my eye.

Are those ABM saddles? Those are 10mm wide, so if packed tightly can give a super narrow spacing. Maybe that's what's happening here.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
The narrow string spacing makes getting an 8-string enticing. Anyone know a reputable place to get a tight-spaced 8-string other than Abasi Concepts? What I have now is an Agile Intrepid Pro 828 and the spacing is rather wide. I actually had to use the stock baseplates because of the difference.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hope it plays well and meets your expectations! Not holding my breath but I do hope that all the orders get fulfilled and people don't get screwed for putting down deposits.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Honestly a tight spaced 8 string is pretty much the only way I'd give an 8 string another shot. If I could get an 8 string with the neck width close to an 8 string, I'd consider it.

srrdude

White Space Jesus
Reaction score
I've never seen white 8-string fluence pickups before, have any of you?