Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Stan P

Reaction score
I tried only 6-string version at someone’s house. It was noticeably more comfortable than anything I have ever tried. I never tried a Strandberg.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
New Larada and Emi Legion drop this coming weekend, promising lower prices for barer (mostly cosmetic I assume?) specs. Headstocks will now just say “Legion” on them, no more Abasi name.

IMG_0599.jpeg

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
New Larada and Emi Legion drop this coming weekend, promising lower prices for barer (mostly cosmetic I assume?) specs. Headstocks will now just say “Legion” on them, no more Abasi name.

View attachment 144751
They also mentioned higher volumes and more constant supply, so hopefully their "runs" at that pricepoint will start lasting more 10 seconds.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
They also mentioned higher volumes and more constant supply, so hopefully their "runs" at that pricepoint will start lasting more 10 seconds.
That would be cool, but I'm curious why they are making these more affordable, and more available. It seems they sell out almost instantly, so I'm surprised they're being "nice" by keeping prices down. I'm happy about it, but usually a soft market would cause that, but clearly the market for Legions is not soft.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
That would be cool, but I'm curious why they are making these more affordable, and more available. It seems they sell out almost instantly, so I'm surprised they're being "nice" by keeping prices down. I'm happy about it, but usually a soft market would cause that, but clearly the market for Legions is not soft.

Can probably sell more volume if you produce more which can be accomplished by lower contract costs? I'm wondering the same.

Max usually seems to be able to answer questions like these. Any idea?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably just economies of scale. It's in their best interest to be able to produce a lot of those to reduce costs and have more people throw money at them. At least that seems to be the message... but I still can't find any stock on their website currently, 7 hours after launch. :lol: Not to mention you gotta scroll all the way down to the end of the list to see the new Legion ones.

Maybe they lasted 20 seconds instead of 10 :shrug: :noplease:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Probably just economies of scale. It's in their best interest to be able to produce a lot of those to reduce costs and have more people throw money at them. At least that seems to be the message... but I still can't find any stock on their website currently, 7 hours after launch. :lol: Not to mention you gotta scroll all the way down to the end of the list to see the new Legion ones.

Maybe they lasted 20 seconds instead of 10 :shrug: :noplease:
That's wha I mean - they could easily have listed these at the higher price point, and still sold them. I mean, I appreciate the lower prices, and maybe I'm just too cynical and jaded to accept lower prices to be nice, but I just don't get why the did that. Unless this is a limited first drop of these, and this is meant to be a future tier that will have oodles of availability, and they didn't want to burn the people that bought them now, only to see the price come down in a month or whenever they ramp up. That's likely the reason, I guess.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
These were $2199 for the 8 strings so they went up by at least $200.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
These were $2199 for the 8 strings so they went up by at least $200.
Yeah, but they said these were cheaper, ya? So have there not been more expensive Legions? I don’t follow this closely, so I’m just going on what the release note said.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Yeah, but they said these were cheaper, ya? So have there not been more expensive Legions? I don’t follow this closely, so I’m just going on what the release note said.
They mean cheaper in relation to the Master series.

But fear not, these will be on Reverb in a week or two getting scalped for 3.5k

I've had 2 J laradas. 2 legions, a master series larada 8 and a master series emi 8. Even at their stock price, there are much better instruments. The J models were great though.

Really surprised these are even hyped still. I think it's less players and more scalpers trying to make a quick buck.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Marketing more or less.

The perception right now is that "everything is so expensive" and it's starting to have an effect on purchasing, so they'll make things cheaper to make or eat margins a little and claim they're easing pricing which a lot of companies are doing now since they've sort of been called out on the artificial raising of prices since the pandemic which is blamed more on greed then nebulous financial terms like "inflation" that most folks don't quite understand readily.

Short of that, I think they feel they need to expand down market because they've likely hit something of a peak on the current price and sales method. I'm sure they could ride it out for another decade, but why sit still when you can extract money from more players that normally wouldn't be able to buy your product?

Selling cheaper guitars definitely doesn't mean less profit. Even on a per-unit basis. Perhaps less revenue in the same time frame, perhaps.

The benefits to the brand expanding outweigh any possible "cheapening" of it, except maybe for the flippers, but fuck them anyway.

prosteve

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They mean cheaper in relation to the Master series.

But fear not, these will be on Reverb in a week or two getting scalped for 3.5k

I've had 2 J laradas. 2 legions, a master series larada 8 and a master series emi 8. Even at their stock price, there are much better instruments. The J models were great though.

Really surprised these are even hyped still. I think it's less players and more scalpers trying to make a quick buck.
I’ve had a similar experience with the Abasi line. Of all the models I’ve owned my white J7 is by far the best guitar I’ve ever played.