Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you guys are questioning it. Tosin uses modern nylon guitars pretty often and even uses them within his AAL material. Doesn't surprise me at all he would want to make his own, I just don't know if there is a market for it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
If it's true i guess it will probably be based on the Godin Multiac he's playing on the video.
It's a modern concept of classical nylon guitar: bolt on neck, very thin body, string spacing and neck dimensions of an electric guitar and MIDI output.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Got my build in today, havnt been able to put it down for more than a few minutes. It’s really something else guys, form and function are flawless and it’s just striking in person. I’m not one of those that get pissed if the rear route isn’t polished as Clinton’s pole, but if I was, I’d feel like Abasi had me covered. Plus it’s so easy to play it took me a few minutes to adjust to how much movement the string spacing and scale saves me. I never thought I’d want anything more after strandberg dropped their mass market builds, the Larada is stuff I thought I MIGHT want and turns out I DO. You know, honeymoon talk. Fuckin love this thing so far tho.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
anyone bothered that for the price, nothing is recessed? Screws, knobs, back plate, jack, all just sitting high. And that backplate looks thick as hell.

I can't speak to the thickness of the back plate, but as far as the recessed controls and plates, I guess one question is: how thin/thick is the body? Is it possible that the only way they could recess controls and/or the back plate be to make the body itself thicker, which would add weight? For example, the Ibanez S is very thin around the outside, and that's why they have to use that plastic piece around the pickups witch, because there's not enough room if they fully recessed the switch.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I mean, I’ve been playing it all day and havnt once thought about the backplate.

for the record it’s fairly thin, and surprisingly light for an essentially single cut, non headless 8

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
anyone bothered that for the price, nothing is recessed? Screws, knobs, back plate, jack, all just sitting high. And that backplate looks thick as hell.
Eh, aesthetic decision. I think they were recessed on the J Laradas, so if they want them to look that way, it doesn't bother me. Don't see what's wrong with any of the screws or knobs?

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Wouw that looks great!

Great color, also the neck joint is the best!!

HNGD!! maybe ones in the feature and those will be available in Europe i get one.... ;)

How are those tuners? They look kind of cool, but are they working good?