Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

praXis001

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I emailed Abasi to see if they could switch my order to your cancelled blue sage one. Will see what they say, hoping they can make it happen.

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New toy on my doorstep today! Setup was great out of the box. Sounds killer. Well done Tosin and team

Along the headstock paint job, can you also show us some other close-ups, the bolt-on for example

Is the action and fretwork good? No issues with the quality at all?

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
So sorry if this is someone here but what is with the Abasi scalping on The Axe Exchange?

J larada Chartreuse 7 for 4k? That is a 1k premium wtf.

Magic the Gathering second hand market all over again.
EDIT: Probably should just take this comment out mods. Apparrently all I am doing is price bitching. Realistically just want an actual conversation on this. Power to the people who can make it work

Last edited:

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
So sorry if this is someone here but what is with the Abasi scalping on The Axe Exchange?

EDIT: Probably should just take this comment out mods. Apparrently all I am doing is price bitching. Realistically just want an actual conversation on this. Power to the people who can make it work
Saw that.... There's a temptation to sell my NAMM Chartruese J8 and buy two Legions if that actually moves at that. Then again I'm not insane haha

Reactions: CW7

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
Yeah don’t do that. I just am afraid this will become the shoe market
The limited runs kinda push that mentality unfortunately, was hoping the Legion series would actually correct the market a bit for the J/US Laradas. Probably won't see that until Legions pop up on the secondhand market though

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
The limited runs kinda push that mentality unfortunately, was hoping the Legion series would actually correct the market a bit for the J/US Laradas. Probably won't see that until Legions pop up on the secondhand market though
In time! Hopefully. If it doesn’t, expect sneaker heads to jump on the larada runs if they can make a profit.

Part of me feels like that’s why the initial runs ran out so fast but I was being oaranoid

AmoryDrive

Reaction score
In time! Hopefully. If it doesn’t, expect sneaker heads to jump on the larada runs if they can make a profit.

Part of me feels like that’s why the initial runs ran out so fast but I was being oaranoid
Gotta get that early adopter clout!

He says, buying one at the NAMM show as soon as he could hahaha

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Gotta get that early adopter clout!

He says, buying one at the NAMM show as soon as he could hahaha

what’s funny is that the legions should probably go for lower used but with the limited number in certain colors, it’s possible they won’t

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Supply and demand dictate price, nothing more. There's no smoke and mirrors, I was always able to sell my Aristides for exactly what I put into them early on because I purchased my first one in 2014/2015.

By 2018 they saturated the market and their prices dropped accordingly, now on average you will lose several hundred dollars from your purchase price. People have no incentive to list low when they are one of the few or only options to purchase a specific product.

There will always be a customer willing to pay a premium, if that premium is ridiculous, then the seller is filtering their potential sales hard. Making it very unlikely it sells, price drops proceed until the product moves.

There's nothing complicated about this, it will always happen regardless of the product as long as there's hype and consumer demand/

TheInvisibleHand

Reaction score

What really gets my goat isn't so much that he's scalping them but that he somehow managed to buy 2 from a single batch? I mean jesus, it was a bloodbath just to try to snag one, how the hell did he manage 2?

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
What really gets my goat isn't so much that he's scalping them but that he somehow managed to buy 2 from a single batch? I mean jesus, it was a bloodbath just to try to snag one, how the hell did he manage 2?

I figured scalping would happen whenever they started the drop structure.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Guess I’m more tempted to get a master series in December since they hold their value. My main fear was getting one, not digging it and selling it for less