Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Read the last 15-odd pages again.

Where does Abasi Concepts go from here?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
People are talking about $900 guitars having better quality nuts than these.

For comparison’s sake, here’s my daughter’s Squier Strat Mini. It was $99.
View attachment 86657 View attachment 86658

Yep, I’ve played MIT/MIC Jackson’s & EVH (Fender) and been like “hot damn this rips!”.

These issues are ALL $250+ discount B-stocks at a bare minimum.

bassisace

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, but even then considering Solar B stocks have minor scratches.

These damaged Abasis have zero resale value.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anybody that asked for a return got a response yet? I emailed 2-3 days ago and haven't heard back about a refund.
I don't see how they couldn't issue a refund for flaws like this...I'm a little nervous that $2100 of mine is in the wind, but i'm crossing my fingers.
Hey friend! I wouldn’t stress, Ivan has been an extremely apologetic and classy dude. He’s offered all of us full refunds, but he takes a couple days to respond.

For all the QC issues I have heard zero complaints about customer service in regards to returns.

Vroth88

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After HellaSickTight and others shared their issues with the nut I decided to use my recently acquired micro lens camera (new phone) and take a better look, my shitty eyes and not well lit room didnt help me much hehe

I finally noticed that my nut is not so great either, see the photos
View media item 3489View media item 3488View media item 3487View media item 3486
The other side of the nut was well done though (no pictures at the moment)

But what I also just realised right now is when I bend G string it moves around in the nut and falls into some creeve thus changing pitch while bent until I release it..very annoying and just unplayable for my taste, would have to get this fixed

I feel foolish for not seeing these things sooner and wanted this instrument to be my go-to 8 string guitar, but at this point I dont feel happy with what I got

Really love the guitar besides these issues and mabye I wanted it too much to be fine to notice these things, but now I don't feel that I received an instrument of it's value. I will contact them for a refund

Thank you all for sharing, it really changes everything and made me actually look into this more closely!

Demiurge

Reaction score
Read the last 15-odd pages again.

Where does Abasi Concepts go from here?

I'm sure they'll work out the kinks. The problem is that most builders/manufacturers usually work things out before they go to market. The whole 307 pages are a story of a brand wanting to ride the hype and get to market ASAP with paying customers as investors & beta-testers at points.

Xm0

XmO
Reaction score
Hey friend! I wouldn’t stress, Ivan has been an extremely apologetic and classy dude. He’s offered all of us full refunds, but he takes a couple days to respond.

For all the QC issues I have heard zero complaints about customer service in regards to returns.

Thanks for the info. I heard back from Ivan late last night, said he will contact me about it today.
It sounds like quite a few of these are making their way back...hopefully this is a sign/wake up call that most guitarists interested in instruments in this price range actually do inspect / care about the product they're receiving. Especially when 2-3k nowadays can get you a hell of a guitar...this type of work just won't cut it.

bassisace

Reaction score
Yikes @Vroth88 , that’s an instant refund/replacement for me.

Again, I hope you all put in a review on their website to warn future customers. I know your posts have helped me not buy one, so thanks for sharing.

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
no-nut november really taking on a different meaning in this thread
Omfg I’m DYINGGGGGG
After HellaSickTight and others shared their issues with the nut I decided to use my recently acquired micro lens camera (new phone) and take a better look, my shitty eyes and not well lit room didnt help me much hehe

I finally noticed that my nut is not so great either, see the photos
View media item 3489View media item 3488View media item 3487View media item 3486
The other side of the nut was well done though (no pictures at the moment)

But what I also just realised right now is when I bend G string it moves around in the nut and falls into some creeve thus changing pitch while bent until I release it..very annoying and just unplayable for my taste, would have to get this fixed

I feel foolish for not seeing these things sooner and wanted this instrument to be my go-to 8 string guitar, but at this point I dont feel happy with what I got

Really love the guitar besides these issues and mabye I wanted it too much to be fine to notice these things, but now I don't feel that I received an instrument of it's value. I will contact them for a refund

Thank you all for sharing, it really changes everything and made me actually look into this more closely!
You and I are in the same boat my friend. I also feel quite foolish for not noticing earlier. This is honestly my first time seeing nuts like this, and I’ve owned tons of instruments. I guess that’s what makes the errors more egregious.