Acacia 7 String Problems

• Thread starter DeathCubeK
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
Hey all,

Back in 2016 I purchased a Pro Series Acacia Hades 7 String. It was a pretty good guitar and felt well-built in the hands - or so I thought.

Fast forward to 2020. I haven't played it for a lot of this year so it has spent plenty of time in its case. I decide to start playing it again but due to the humid weather here the neck is in bad shape. I try to adjust it myself but the truss rod will not budge. I'm not a pro, so I decide not to push it and send it off to a local builder who I have used for years for setups and mods.

He emailed me last night saying he tried to remedy the issues with the neck but the truss rod nut snapped off when he tried adjusting it. Second time in only 16 years this has happened.

I've heard of this happening in only the worst horror stories and it looks like a fault with the truss rod from the get-go. Has anyone else experienced problems with Acacia? This is absolutely bizarre.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
I think a few people on this forum have had problems with Acacia guitars before as well yea. Sorry to hear you've got problems.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
yeah looks like this is going to be a really expensive repair :( i guess that will teach me to take a chance on a smaller company going forward. completely bizarre.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
yeah looks like this is going to be a really expensive repair :( i guess that will teach me to take a chance on a smaller company going forward. completely bizarre.
Did you try reaching out to the company to see if they were willing to take responsibility for it?

trem licking

Reaction score
Good to do a full quality check over the guitar, no matter the brand. Adjust the rod when u first get it to make sure it works, look under trems for cracks, etc. There can be a lot of hidden gremlins that you cant see that could eventually cause problems

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
if a trussrod is snapping, then either it's
A. a faulty truss rod (it happens occasionally)
B. user abuse.
I'm betting on B tbh, as truss rods generally don't take much abuse normally, unless someone cranked on it a shit ton.

Either way, like elysian said, at a minimum the fretboard has to come off to install a new truss rod.

Bobo

Reaction score

I don't know much about Acacia, but I've had truss rod issues from a "major" brand. I doubt Acacia is making their rods, they probably get them from vendors everyone else does.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
if a trussrod is snapping, then either it's
A. a faulty truss rod (it happens occasionally)
B. user abuse.
I'm betting on B tbh, as truss rods generally don't take much abuse normally, unless someone cranked on it a shit ton.

Either way, like elysian said, at a minimum the fretboard has to come off to install a new truss rod.
nope, i can confidently say there was no user abuse on my end. i'm not great with setups, so i usually send my guitars to a local builder for setups. however, i had it in its case during a particularly humid summer this year and the bow in the neck was quite severe. i tried adjusting it slightly but it wouldn't budge. at that point i didn't want to push it because i don't have the required expertise.

local builder said it's only the second time in 16 years of professionally building and setting up guitars he has seen something like this. the fault is with acacia or the vendor here.