Agile 9-String....

• Thread starter techjsteele
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess that answers what they'll be sent tuned from the factory as.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
as silly as it is, i kinda want one...

i'd get a really clear and hardassed pickup in it.

i'd get a 30" scale one though, i don't like the scale length on that for such a low tuning.

Soopahmahn

Tu ne cede malis
Reaction score
as silly as it is, i kinda want one...

i'd get a really clear and hardassed pickup in it.

i'd get a 30" scale one though, i don't like the scale length on that for such a low tuning.

It's just an E1... 28.blah would work, man. :yesway: If you wanted to send it down to C or C# I could see longer.

dis89

Reaction score
emh.. 700 bucks? I can build a custom of same quality for that money. well, that includes a pup handwound by me, else (woods, hardware etc.) should fit. I mean for that damage speaking of me Ill have to make it myself. Else the guitars gonna be 800+ if you buy Oni, etc. Guitar doesnt even feature a stain, top, inlays - none of costy handwork stuff .. dunno.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
emh.. 700 bucks? I can build a custom of same quality for that money. well, that includes a pup handwound by me, else (woods, hardware etc.) should fit. Guitar doesnt even feature a stain, top, inlays - none of costy handwork stuff .. dunno.

Um, $700 for the only production 9-string guitar is a bargain. Maybe for builders that's not a bargain, but this is a production guitar. We all know it didn't cost $700 to make. :lol:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
emh.. 700 bucks? I can build a custom of same quality for that money. well, that includes a pup handwound by me, else (woods, hardware etc.) should fit. I mean for that damage speaking of me Ill have to make it myself. Else the guitars gonna be 800+ if you buy Oni, etc. Guitar doesnt even feature a stain, top, inlays - none of costy handwork stuff .. dunno.

I truly believe you are out of your mind.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score

seconded! if you want to build yourself one, then go ahead. none of the things you listed are prestigious features either, and are often even used to make up for lacks in other departments. so yeah. i'd rather take an oni any day.

but i'd say put your money where your mouth is. make one that is AT LEAST of the same quality, and that has great playability and design. do it without blowing that budget. THEN we can discuss it ;)

dis89

Reaction score
Sometimes I think so :lol: send me 700$ and Ill have 928 style guitar in 2 monthes :lol:

Gentlemen, I dont wanna to sound unpleasant.. but.. the 928 doesnt feature ANY timeconsuming features. IMHO for a guitar of that quality its even 2 much. The only things which fundamentally differ it from any production 6 are bridge, number of tuners and a pup which still is noname, and if it sounds the same way as 8string one does IMO its a crap.You know, here in Ukraine we still ride on bears in cold winter days, so I waited to play an 8string agile for a long time, and was pissed off when I did.
Still Im VERY happy theres a stock 9string!

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't expect to see this so soon!

Weird tuning, though...EADEADGBE? If I was getting one, I know the first thing I would do is get a proper low B on the thing. Maybe add a higher string or two...scale might be a bit long for a high A, but I think one of Garry Goodman's strings would hold up on it.

dis89, if you can build these cheaper, you should have beat Rondo to the punch when you had the chance. This price is insane for something that no one else is manufacturing, don't you agree?

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score

A 9 string Oni is about $5000. Are you really saying people should just get an Oni if theyre going to spend $700 on this?

Latest posts