Agile AL 7 strings are in

• Thread starter AgileLefty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I wonder how they will compare to the LTD EC-407's that are coming out

People will complain that the LTDs have EMGs and a short scale length, while also complaining that the Agiles have long scale lengths and direct-mounts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
They need to make one like this period and put blackouts in it. Cause that's what I did to this one.

100_0076.jpg

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
Aw man thats awesome I just wish it was made of gold had an inlay of my full name, came with a signed picture of Babe Ruth and was delivered to be via motorcycle by Fabio.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I still want it :p i'd get some golden hardware for the black :D some of those inlay stickers maybe iommi crosses pop in a seymour duncan blackout set with gold covers. And voila that flat black would be so much better

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Inlays are a boner kill for me, volume knob placement is a really bad place, so it seems like these will turn into those Ibanez guitars people mod the SHIT out of.
Here's what I'd do,
Get Trapezoid inlays,
SD SH-5 Custom (B) 59' (N)
Get rid of that knob so close to the tail piece and make it 3 config of 1 vol 2 tone,
Coil splits,
GraphTech Nut,
Straplocks,
Sand down and make it Sapphire blue,
and maybe an evertune-7 bridge...hello new modding project :D :lol:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
My guess is the knob is so close to the tailpiece because they use the same CNC patterns they use to route the controls on the 6 string ALs. If you look at the AL sixes (like, say, the one already posted in this thread), the knob is already pretty close to the tailpiece. Add the wider bridge necessary for a 7 string, and all of the sudden the gap between tail and knob (snicker) is diminished.

ibanezRG1527

Banned
Reaction score
im going to buy the black one for the other guitarist in my band to use (since he refuses to get a 7 :( ). but im only buying THIS guitar so that it can make sales and evolve into a better guitar that id actually buy for myself

FarBeyondMetal

Reaction score
Its alright, I do agree with aforementioned posters that the dot inlays cheapen the look of this axe...it has a lot of potential however.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
im going to buy the black one for the other guitarist in my band to use (since he refuses to get a 7 :( ). but im only buying THIS guitar so that it can make sales and evolve into a better guitar that id actually buy for myself

You should buy me one too XD jk .

But yeah I see your logic :p wish someone would of done that with the teles Kurt came out with. Maybe if we did that we would have an HH config tele :p

Clydefrog

Reaction score
The shape of the body looks to be about the only thing they got "right" with this.

The dot inlays, the direct mounted pickups, the headstock, knob placement, finishes, nothing about it actually screams AL.

Botched on the level of the original Ghost 7 with the penis headstock. Will wait for a revision.

Infinite Recursion

Reaction score
Seriously? I wanted a traditional LP in 7 string form (the polls here reflected this too) and we get this. If they're going to make a singlecut then go all out and give it a contoured heel and well-placed controls, but if they want to make a LP they failed.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
i was excited by this when i first heard about them a while back. always wondered what was goin on with it. but after seeing them. kindova boner killer to be honest. i do like the trans red but the knob placement looks to be a issue and just the over all look seems off to me.

Shrooms

THE WALLS ARE MELTIN
Reaction score
Things that are good:

It's a 7. It's decently priced. Ebony Fretboard. Graph Tech nut. Grovers

Things that are bad:

No binding, Chrome hardware w/ Black knobs (like seriously.. wtf?) Dot inlays.

Ditch the inlay all together or make block inlays, (perhaps flat black, red binding and red block inlays?) and ditch the chrome for anything else.... seriously. Chrome is the gross.

Rotatous

Reaction score
They do look kinda cheap.

But if it came between one of these and one of the new LTD EC 7's I'd go with the Agile for the passives and extended scale.

exo

Reaction score
I've got an epi LP 7 I love to death, I was hoping for something similar. Binding, nice flame, traditional look, traditional LP scale. If the scale works for Amon Amarth and In flames to tune down with, it works for me too..............Was excited about the concept of an AL-7 until I saw these. :(

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
Reasons why I wouldn't get one:

- Dot Inlays (instead of none)
- Neck volume knob is too close to the bridge.
- Has chrome hardware (instead of black)

With that said, it looks like an amazing guitar. In about 8 months if nothing better comes out for a single cut 27" scale I may get one anyway.