Agile Chirality/Chiral Parallax Headless Models

• Thread starter bassplayer8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bassplayer8

Reaction score
Remember guys. If no one buys these, they probably won't make more. If no one buys these in the early stages, we can kiss them goodbye. Let' crowdunf them all and have a brotherhood of the traveling guitar
Especially at this price point!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vertibration

Reaction score
Im sorry but those are the cheapest looking, ugliest looking headless guitars I have ever seen. GOC guitars just smokes these and they are affordable.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Im sorry but those are the cheapest looking, ugliest looking headless guitars I have ever seen. GOC guitars just smokes these and they are affordable.
I have seem some NGD's on this forum for the COG's... all head quite some problems. I expect that the agile's are way better quality wise. I admit the COG is better looking, but based on NGD's hire i think the agile is the better guitar.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
The only thing I hear about the GOC run is peopel replacing the bridge tuner screw things, adding shims, and etc just to get the action perfect. I've never had to do that to a guiat to make it playale
it's more common with lower to mid priced guitars. I've had to shim necks on squiers/indo ibbys before. Shit strandberg couldn't even be bothered to do a decent setup on the 2 OS8s I owned (fret buzz galore til I adjusted the action), so it's not just endemic to the lower-mid priced guitars.

vertibration

Reaction score
I would absolutely do a little extra QC on a guitar for under $1000, if it looks sick. I dont care if those headless agiles have better QC, they are just ugly looking guitars. They look pretty terrible

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I just want to throw this out there. Headless are already the butterfaces of guitars. I can't think of how many times a family member or friend has said that one of my headless was ugly.

I accept these Agiles for their ugliness and honestly am considering one. I just wish we had something classier than dj0ntlookatmeIknowhowtodoambienceoverchugstoseemmoreTECHNICAL.LovemeBULBSENPAI burst

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I have NK Boden knockoff. It has round C neck profile. You can’t get Strandy with the normal neck profile so it was no-brainer for me. It is cheap mod platform. PUs must be swapped and my local luthier polished frets and rouded freatboard and fret ends. In total it was cheaper than GOC. I would recommend just ash body without cheap quilted maple veneer. My 2cs.

Robmcbob

Reaction score
Well upgrading mine to Pegasus/Sentient pickups, although I really wanted m7's, but those will do.

Robmcbob

Reaction score
Well upgrading mine to Pegasus/Sentient pickups, although I really wanted m7's, but those will do.
Well I talked to an expert he said to go bar so I changed mine going with SD Jupiter 7, not sure about what neck pickup

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a set of Holy Divers in my Charvel. I've been noticing a really nice glassy sound on the neck p/u. Definitely different than an active. I've got it in Bb standard. I still get a nice frequency response.

I play music

Reaction score
The thing I hate about headless designs is that so much care is taken in the design, and then you see the string locks, with little bits of string sticking out, all cut at varying lengths, and think, "Welp, I guess they stopped caring about design when they got to this step."
Should check out NS design then, the hardware is perfection if you ask me: https://thinkns.com/tech-tuesday-1/

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
The "headstocks" on these are way too large to look not-embarassingly-hideous imo

GOC vs Agile? The GOC headless hardware isn't great although I don't imagine Agile's would be either since that's all relatively new "tech" so to speak. My fixed scale GOC's hardware was on-par with Agile's.
I still have my Agile Septor which is a fixed scale entry-level guitar and the hardware isn't bad on it or the GOC Valkyrie.

I really don't think cheap headless models are quite there yet. You can't buy a cheap version and get a 100% playable guitar nearly 100% of the time whereas you can with older (headstock-ed) designs . It's too much of a gamble. Several people had issues with the GOC guitars but also several didn't including myself (other than me not liking my bridge). I think I'd rather just stay away from all headless guitars in this price range for a couple of years to be honest.

I play music

Reaction score
The "headstocks" on these are way too large to look not-embarassingly-hideous imo

GOC vs Agile? The GOC headless hardware isn't great although I don't imagine Agile's would be either since that's all relatively new "tech" so to speak. My fixed scale GOC's hardware was on-par with Agile's.
I still have my Agile Septor which is a fixed scale entry-level guitar and the hardware isn't bad on it or the GOC Valkyrie.

I really don't think cheap headless models are quite there yet. You can't buy a cheap version and get a 100% playable guitar nearly 100% of the time whereas you can with older (headstock-ed) designs . It's too much of a gamble. Several people had issues with the GOC guitars but also several didn't including myself (other than me not liking my bridge). I think I'd rather just stay away from all headless guitars in this price range for a couple of years to be honest.
I don't think we have to wait more than a year for 100% playable budget headless guitars. Harley Benton will likely bring one out this year and what they throw out in that price range (349€) is usually quite good.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I don't think we have to wait more than a year for 100% playable budget headless guitars. Harley Benton will likely bring one out this year and what they throw out in that price range (349€) is usually quite good.

I thought those were "fixer upper" style guitars as well. Actually, I pretty much put Harley Benton as the over-the-pond equivalent of Agile.

Also (small rant), if people are going to doing more headless designs, they need to stop making them where I can't put them in my guitar stand. lol

I play music

Reaction score
I thought those were "fixer upper" style guitars as well.
Depends on price range I think, the somewhat new enhanced or fusion lines seem to be pretty good, and looks like the headless will be along those. And at least here, should you have bad luck and get a lemon you can just send it back.
Previously they only made super cheap guitars which for the most part belong into that "fixer upper" category yes.
Also (small rant), if people are going to doing more headless designs, they need to stop making them where I can't put them in my guitar stand. lol
Does not look like a problem to me:
But also the Agile/Strandberg/... look like they should fit in a rack guitar stand, no?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Depends on price range I think, the somewhat new enhanced or fusion lines seem to be pretty good, and looks like the headless will be along those. And at least here, should you have bad luck and get a lemon you can just send it back.
Previously they only made super cheap guitars which for the most part belong into that "fixer upper" category yes.

Does not look like a problem to me:
But also the Agile/Strandberg/... look like they should fit in a rack guitar stand, no?

The standard shaped bodies work fine. It's the strandberg like ones that don't sit right or at all. My Ormsby is doable in my Gator 5-space rack. My GOC is not because it has the strandberg-esque style body.
I don't trust those headstock grabbing stands on headless models either since I had mine slip out actually. A heavier guitar stays in better but my GOC is super light.

Cool to hear in that video that they are equipped with stainless steel frets. I'm a biiiiig fan of SS frets.