Agile Headless Evaluation Model!

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Not that it'll make a bit of difference but when I get some free time, I'd love to sketch up an Interceptor and/or Intrepid headless. Kurt chose the Hawker and he was originally talking about the AL shape, so clearly he wanted to base the headless on an existing shape.... The current design isn't terrible but I have a feeling the Intrepid or Interceptor base would work better :2c:

Not giving you orders or anything...but I wouldn't mind seeing a single cut version or one with that strandberg-type leg cutout....

:agreed::yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rampant

Reaction score
Reminds me of Buck Dharma and his Steinberger. I always thought those looked too weird but the people who like them LOVE them.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Not that it'll make a bit of difference but when I get some free time, I'd love to sketch up an Interceptor and/or Intrepid headless. Kurt chose the Hawker and he was originally talking about the AL shape, so clearly he wanted to base the headless on an existing shape.... The current design isn't terrible but I have a feeling the Intrepid or Interceptor base would work better :2c:

I absolutely agree with you on that. But also I can't help but think this kinda looks like an OG Steinberger, and c'mon how cool is that. I wonder if the Steinberger design is gonna become trendy again :lol::shred:

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Man am I a happy camper with all this. Kurt finally found a way to make our dreams seem that much closer to reality. There's a lot I like about this model as I've been a fan of the Hawker and all its iterations since I first saw them. That being said, I'd love if he could find a way to maybe slim out that bottom belly a bit because it does look a bit to wide to my eyes. However, I can't imagine the tooling costs to accomplish that at the volume these factories produce without resorting to hand filing it down (a big no-no for large and mostly automated factories). Aside from that I think the shape works really well as a headless. I'd definitely like to see him take these specs to the Interceptor and Intrepid lines, but I'm happy with this.

P.S.: Tried to throw money at Rondo for the proto before I wrote this and it seems it's already been snatched. I'll be waiting on that NGD whoever you are!

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Dang it!

After real life got pretty busy, I just popped onto SS.org to look up if anyone had ever bought a Kiesel electric 12-string (and dropped Carvin/Kiesel from my list of possibilities after that poop show of Keisel defending their right to do a crappy job, thanks no thanks), and found this topic attempting to search "12-string" through the internal search function.

And as soon as I saw a link to the Rondo site with that guitar, i immediately tried to add it to the cart for an instant purchase, only for them to tell me that there were none to add. (NOOOoooo°°°...!)

I am disappoint.

I'm gonna do some more searches, but it's nice to see the Hessian might finally become a possibility.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
Technically i wouldnt call it a headless. Id call it a headstock without tuning pegs.

But that swirly red color is gorgeous!

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That’s got a big booty for a headless. But otherwise looks pretty great actually. And a headless at THAT price point. Pretty impressive.

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
That’s got a big booty for a headless. But otherwise looks pretty great actually. And a headless at THAT price point. Pretty impressive.

I still think the head looks retarted on it. It looks like they partially amputated a normal headstock. Also wish they would change the color already for their 27" models because they have plenty of oceanburst guitars on that site

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
B9A49FA3-0548-4D83-BC35-860922D33093.jpeg
Current design above for reference

9BAA1A45-2AD1-4A28-ADDA-C3BC6F9EEC28.jpeg
Quick and terrible editing on my part: I’d like the design a lot more if it was more like this. By cutting the excess body off; the “headstock” cut be shortened considerably as well, but maintain good balance

Last edited:

manu80

Reaction score
Looks nice, stil dont understand the need to copy even the brand name next to the neck cutaway like Strandberg.....

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
........and like Kiesel. I dont mind it though. Maybe they should put the logo on the back or on the outer diameter