Airis Effects Tight Series

PariahMusic

Reaction score
$75 bucks each for some very high quality, stripped down pedals. Most of us have a screamer already, but this is definitely a great way to try the Grind/33 style pedals on the cheap! I like both of these a lot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
They should charge a premium. Cheaper than a regular Airis and with none of the artwork? Sounds like a win/win.
Right? The artwork is way over the top. They could have some more minimalist imagery that’s just as “brutal”. Too much detail for such a small canvas

FourT6and2

Reaction score
I'm a boost/pre noob. Do you typically run these out front or in a loop?

PariahMusic

Reaction score
Right? The artwork is way over the top. They could have some more minimalist imagery that’s just as “brutal”. Too much detail for such a small canvas
Oh, think I mis read that haha. Not a fan of their art? Yeah, the Proto drive was the first thing of theirs that I bought, and is still my favorite art they have. Simple lightning and triangles lol

PariahMusic

Reaction score
At this point pedals are so flexible that I encourage people to experiment with everything...
But these pedals generally go into the front end (input). Don't let it being call the Pre fool you. It's best considered as a clean boost.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

People are running the TC Intergrated Pre clones out front of the amp. It's essentially an EQ filter that also can push the input level.

These days, most people are familiar with Meshuggah using it (and now the 33), but Scott Ian was using a similar TC pedal to boost his JCM 800s back in the Stormtroopers of Death days. It's really a great sound. It's capable of cutting a lot of bass and can take a few times for your ears to adjust to that, but I really do like the way it sounds.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah, Scott Ian used the TC Booster Line Driver Distortion. I also think Fredrik used one occasionally as well. I'm guessing the BLDD and Intergrated Preamp share the same tonal space.

And IIRC that was the key to Scott Ian's tone between 1984/1986 - 1991. TC BLDD into any Marshall he could get. I think he moved onto different gear after Persistence of Time.

TC did a reissue in the mid 2000s of the BLDD, but idk how good it is compared to the classic.

Thewicked6

Reaction score
Tried my tight pre last night and it's def gonna take some getting used to. So used to overdrives and adding a pinch of gain from them. I was trying to use the pre as a boost to my boss sd1 and still wanna try boosting my tight scream with the pre as well

People are running the TC Intergrated Pre clones out front of the amp. It's essentially an EQ filter that also can push the input level.

These days, most people are familiar with Meshuggah using it (and now the 33), but Scott Ian was using a similar TC pedal to boost his JCM 800s back in the Stormtroopers of Death days. It's really a great sound. It's capable of cutting a lot of bass and can take a few times for your ears to adjust to that, but I really do like the way it sounds.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
So they put art on these and jacked them back up to 149 :(