Albums with two distinguishable sounding guitars on left and right?

• Thread starter Akkush
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Probably not helpful to your search, but when I was a teenager I bought the album “Bass Extremes Cookbook” by Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey with Greg Bisonette on drums.

Victor with 4 string fretted bass panned to one side. Bailey on his 6 string fret less panned the other way. It was so unique to me and a fun listen through headphones.

that was the first time I had that experience.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Behemoth, at least on Demigod
Or I mean to say, they are almost fully panned left and right. I suppose the tone is slightly different kinda? Maybe not lol sorry

I was going to say them. From Demigod all the way to ILYAYD, Seth is clearly on the left with his riffs, and Nergal is on the right. Tones are slightly different, and riffs are as well at times.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did Kirk play his rhythm parts on earlier Metallica albums? I've never checked but it should be obvious if Hetfield tracked both sides.

Kirk played no rhythm guitar before "Load", except on Garage Days, I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom

One guitar is a RAT and the other is a Fuzzrocious Demon I think. Fairly clear definition between them even during syrupy wall of fuzz parts. Best with headphones.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
For two distinct guitars left-right, you might wanna check out the band Amoral (they quit a few years ago), and particularly their Decrowning and Reptile Ride albums. I don't remember how it's panned and all that, but they used to have one guitarist play a 7-string and the other a 6-string, playing the same riffs somewhat differently and that resulted in some pretty interesting arrangements.

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You can clearly hear Slash and Izzy sounding different on Appetite for Destruction, but I'm not sure if they're panned to each side all the way.

GnR Appetite for destruction

Came here to say Appetite… you can hear it too on the Illusion albums, and also Slash’s solo stuff, particularly the live in Stoke album.