Almost ngd-8527z J custom

• Thread starter Deadfall
  • Start date
  • Tags
    got it
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadfall

Reaction score
Sweet guitar! How's the sustain around the 12-15 frets?
Sings like a bird...not quite as nice as my 8427f but then again it has an evolution in the bridge.The Pafs...I'm not so sure about...but then again after playing it for a couple hours this morning,its not bad...just different.
Will prolly wind up goin Evo on this one as well.Kinda wondering about that evo neck Dimmy is offerin..wish I could actually get a demo on one before I went and did it.THe 8427f came stock with an air norton I think...something of that nature hehe.It sounds good and considering,I may just go with the same setup.
I also play with light strings...pretty sure this 8527z has 10s on it.And I usually play with 9s set high.Got all my life to worry about it though...no rush hehe.Thanks for the comments guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Sings like a bird...not quite as nice as my 8427f but then again it has an evolution in the bridge.The Pafs...I'm not so sure about...but then again after playing it for a couple hours this morning,its not bad...just different.
Will prolly wind up goin Evo on this one as well.Kinda wondering about that evo neck Dimmy is offerin..wish I could actually get a demo on one before I went and did it.THe 8427f came stock with an air norton I think...something of that nature hehe.It sounds good and considering,I may just go with the same setup.
I also play with light strings...pretty sure this 8527z has 10s on it.And I usually play with 9s set high.Got all my life to worry about it though...no rush hehe.Thanks for the comments guys.

Cool, some of the 24 fret S-Series had sustain issues due to the ZR Trem with the ZPS system. I was just wondering if that had translated to the Edge Zero Trem (since it's heavily based off the ZR but knife edge instead of ball-bearing).

Deadfall

Reaction score
Ah I see what you're asking now.Nah no problems I've noticed with that so far.Then again I'm standing in front of a boogie kranked at about 11 of the clock (running the gain only bout 3 or so) .My mark V in mark 4 mode mind you.Its hard not to get good sustain when you push a boogie hehe.Just push it a little...little tap taparoo...rofl.
Still leaning on that goddamn evolution pickup man..its driving me nuts.I keep A/B'en em and I just dont know.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Man, it's so crazy to me to think that someone so close (relatively speaking) has a Mark V amp AND a J. Custom. You're lucky that I don't know where you live...:mk: (not that I would do anything... except annoy the heck out of you to let me try out your rig.)

-Phi-

Deadfall

Reaction score
Man, it's so crazy to me to think that someone so close (relatively speaking) has a Mark V amp AND a J. Custom. You're lucky that I don't know where you live...:mk: (not that I would do anything... except annoy the heck out of you to let me try out your rig.)

-Phi-
Send me a PM brother..IM in greenwood south cackalakie...be glad to hook up sometime.We could make a day of it...providing we plan it of course.And make that a mark V and 2 J custom rofl.Prolly 2.5 hours away from you assuming your are in the atlanta REA.

ColdFire

Reaction score
:hbang:
A lot of money ..could have gotten the new Jackson AND the esp nt-7.But there just isnt a guitar on the planet I would rather have.Having lost the first 2
DSC_0001-1.jpg
bids on ebay Jim finally caved in and made a deal with me hehe.Really nice top on this one methinks.
DSC_0002-1.jpg
DSC_0003-1.jpg
DSC_0005-1.jpg
Now on pins and needles waiting for it :)
Finally got it..My pics not as good as these but here are a few with some extra stuff..
NewGuitarstuff004.jpg

NewGuitarstuff005.jpg

Fuzzy family shot
NewGuitarstuff011.jpg

Not diggin the pickups but otherwise its good to meh :)

Deadfall

Reaction score
What do you think of the Edge Zero compared to the edge-pro on the 8427?
Well for changing strings the Edge Zero I guess.The actual bar rides a bit higher in the saddle which I dont like.Nothing a little time with the vice wont fix I suppose.Havent fiddled with it too much but I have abused it a bit just to see how it would react.Seems to stay in tune pretty good.No better or worse that the edge-pro.Kinda stiff comparatively..THink it has 5 springs but I havent even taken the back off yet.Only usin 3 on the 8427.
Of course I would trade either of em for the trem on my 7620...guessing thats a lo-pro.But you cant have it all I suppose hehe.No real complaints here...just comparisons.Hope this helps.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Well for changing strings the Edge Zero I guess.The actual bar rides a bit higher in the saddle which I dont like.Nothing a little time with the vice wont fix I suppose.Havent fiddled with it too much but I have abused it a bit just to see how it would react.Seems to stay in tune pretty good.No better or worse that the edge-pro.Kinda stiff comparatively..THink it has 5 springs but I havent even taken the back off yet.Only usin 3 on the 8427.
Of course I would trade either of em for the trem on my 7620...guessing thats a lo-pro.But you cant have it all I suppose hehe.No real complaints here...just comparisons.Hope this helps.

Cool, thanks for your opinion.