[ALMOST] NGD DAY! Interceptor Pro 8 String!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drow Swordsman

Reaction score
Yes! I did take your headstock design, I thought it was such a good improvement.

Just got it in an hour or so ago, plays GREAT! The low F# really shines with the 28 5/8", it sounds MUCH clearer than the low G I have on my Interceptor Pro 25.5".

Yeah, I originally asked for a maple top that was quilted tribal red, but I don't mind this at all to be honest.

And concerning the knob setup, I originally said 1, then 2, then 4, then it was too late by the time I wanted just two knobs again! Not sure what I was thinking, but either way I don't mind it!

Here are the picture I've taken so far, on a nice day I'll try to get some outside.

Here's the case!
100_1360.jpg

In its robe..

100_1364.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1368.jpg

100_1369.jpg

100_1370.jpg

100_1371.jpg

100_1372.jpg

DyvimTvar

Reaction score
Damn, that's really nice, love the inlays! Looks like your truss-rod cover is a bit wonky like the one on mine, something I forgot. That red is fucking awesome, not too "candy red", a nice deep red! The headstock looks pretty good as well, if a bit "off balance". I'm sure you'll be very happy with this machine, I lurrve mine!

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
That looks great! The fretboard is so huge compared to the Interceptor's!

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
I'm really diggin' that one. That's my favorite one I've seen so far.

Edit: So, is Kurt doing any custom order 7's?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice. Any flaws or problems with it? Have you checked the truss rod spacing?

djohns74

Reaction score
Looks absolutely great! Question for you, what's the finish on the back of the neck like? Any pictures available? I'm very strongly considering ordering an Intrepid Pro in Blood Burst, and these pictures are not easing my GAS whatsoever, but I would like to know what they're doing with the neck on these neck-through models as I'm not a big fan of painted necks. Then again, this being a custom, it may have no bearing on how the Intrepids are finished, so this is probably the wrong thread for this. :lol:

Darren, any help on this question? Anyone? :)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Intrepid Pros are all finished with a satin clearcoat. On my Pro, it was nice and thin, and you could still feel some of the wood texture through the finish. The satin feels nice and smooth and fast.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that looks great man, those are the colours the loomis should be :agreed:

Drow Swordsman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Darren, I haven't checked the truss rod yet. What should I look for, just to see if it's centered or not?

And to answer the other guy's question, I chose to have the back of this painted much like an Interceptor Pro, painted, because I really really love the feeling of my Interceptor, but as darren said all the intrepid's have a satin smooth finish.

It plays FANTASTIC in my opinion, I had NO troubles converting, and I really enjoy the 28 5/8" scale of the guitar, I go back to my Interceptor Pro wishing it was 27".

I'm really happy with how this guitar turned out, definitely worth the wait.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So you e-mailed Kurt and said, "I'd like an 8 string Interceptor?"