Alright, what the fuck was the president thinking here?

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Man, don't even get me started. My fiance's mother (another mindless zombie led around by religion) voted for Bush because the pastor at her church told her to. Twice. :wallbash:

Haven't really met her, but your fiance doesn't seem like the average church-going young lady. And for that, you are a lucky man.

My parents are hardcore conservatives and my in-laws (and my wife) are all big-government Democrats. Since I'm a libertarian freak, it makes for interesting family visits all the way around. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
:lol: Guns are the method of choice down here. Headquarters of the NRA and all...

Ok, let me give the 'unofficial libertarian perspective': The last good president the USA had was Calvin Coolidge from 1923-29. Every president since then was a royal fuck-up and/or blatantly expanded the size of the federal government in violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Bush=a disaster for the right
Clinton=a disaster for the left

Both of them=a disaster for liberty.

Eh, go buy some land, some guns and stop paying taxes already, will you? :lol:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
Haven't really met her, but your fiance doesn't seem like the average church-going young lady. And for that, you are a lucky man.

She is an agnostic. Can't quite get to the point of letting completely go, but she's heading in that direction. Since her father passed away earlier this year, it's understandable that she is trying tol hold onto at least some belief in an after life.

Me, I have no illusions about a permenant dirt nap when I arrive at the clearing at the end of the path. :lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Eh, go buy some land, some guns and stop paying taxes already, will you? :lol:

I'd need a lot of land and a lot of guns to keep the revenuers off my property. That shit's expensive, man! :)

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Me, I have no illusions about a permenant dirt nap when I arrive at the clearing at the end of the path. :lol:

Even assuming the existence of some kind of meta-consciousness, 2000-year old Near Eastern fairy tales don't seem like a very plausible explanation...

eaeolian said:

:lol: I used to work for a property-rights organization, and we got inquiries from those sorts of folks all the time. They don't recognize the U.S. government as legitimate and have all sorts of little codes, like not capitalizing the "united" in "United States of America," placing postage stamps upside down on their letters, and trying to use their own common-law "Justus" courts in place of real courts--that's "justus" as in "just us", by the way. :nuts:

Their letters did provide quite a bit of entertainment around the office, however.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
Even assuming the existence of some kind of meta-consciousness, 2000-year old Near Eastern fairy tales don't seem like a very plausible explanation...

I don't believe in any of that shit, man. I just wanted an excuse to use "clearing at the end of the path," since it was in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It just sounds cool.

eaeolian said:

The dinosaur man! Hahahaha, dumb people are entertaining! :lol: