Am I getting there djent-wise?

• Thread starter MysticNetherlands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MysticNetherlands

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm an old bloke (40 years old) who's just playing down-tuned only since 3 months or so, because I wanted to try my hands at djent. I bought an Ibanez MTM2, changed the horrible Duncan Designed bridge pickup for a Seymour Duncan Full Shred and this is my first start of a song with this set-up and a new patch. I'd appreciate your tips, critique etc on the djent bit (after the intro).

Thanks!!

SoundClick artist: Fractal Axe Fx Tests - page with MP3 music downloads

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
At first I thought this was a troll post and you had just posted a clip of a classical song or something :lol:

Dug the track though! :yesway:

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
The djent isn't really there yet, it needs loads more balls. Part of it is in the mix, which sounds a bit thin, but a lot of it is in the pick attack. Especially right when the distorted guitar comes in, more aggressive picking would make the riff so much more powerful.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Don't worry about it....in another few months there'll be 'Gerj' or 'Thruktpa' or 'Rkkktddddgg'.

Might as well jump ahead and start workin' on those.

Takemyevil

Reaction score
This is the type of "djent" that i like, nice clean passages interwoven with heavier stuff, it rocked man keep it up, i'm gunna need an album from you if you can keep writing tunes like that! :hbang:

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
If you aren't, I don't want you to, cause that clip was awesome! :metal:
Keep it up, I liked it, and I thought it was just below the threshold that goes from "djenty" to "djent band".

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
If you aren't, I don't want you to, cause that clip was awesome! :metal:
Keep it up, I liked it, and I thought it was just below the threshold that goes from "djenty" to "djent band".
This. :metal:

Mwoit

Reaction score
Sounds alright, I too thought this was a troll post! :lol:

If you want to make it a bit more "djenty", I would add a bit more mids to those rhythm gain guitars and make them sound bigger (compress / EQ or whatever). The track itself, like said above, is a bit thin sounding.

Cool music though!