Amps you WISH would be re-issued

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Others have said Krank and I'd be pretty stoked if Tony put out a redo of the Rev+ with bearable aesthetics at a sub 2k pricepoint. Bonus points of it didn't use SMD resistors. Beyond that, it's hard to say - I've always thought an updated version of the SL-X would be cool. It doesn't even have to be called a JCM900 or SL-X, they could name it some obnoxious new name and make it in Vietnam, if it sounded basically the same I'd be down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Mk3 Coliseum
Randall Satan
Peavey Ultra (the original)
Dude I want a Coliseum so bad, I had no idea it even existed until I saw a meme about one (coincidentally your meme I think actually :lol:) but my God, that's the one of the tankiest amps Ive ever seen.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Fryette UL. Steve's been saying forever that there's a II coming, like the Deliverance, but it's still nowhere to be seen.
100% this. I have been patiently waiting. Might take him another 10 years though because he's a mad scientist :lol:

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Dude I want a Coliseum so bad, I had no idea it even existed until I saw a meme about one (coincidentally your meme I think actually :lol:) but my God, that's the one of the tankiest amps Ive ever seen.
They're my holy grail amp. My lil 60w Mk3 is already a face ripper so I have a feeling the punch and headroom of the 180w would just make that classic mark quality even more fun. I still cry when I think about how I missed out on a Coliseum locally for like 1200$ 😭

soap_opera_phantom

bronze sound and pointy guitars
Reaction score
anything with the overlooked and underrated formula of tube pre and solid state post.

Randall T2 and V2, the old mosvalve and tube driver amps, etc. also sold solid state gems like the crate Excalibur, Randall titan and cyclone, fender m80 chorus, Marshall mosfet.

my dream amp would be a big ass Orange head with a tube preamp and a jfet power rated at like 400 watts.