Andromeda to headline Generation Prog Festival 2011, full lineup now confirmed!

• Thread starter Kyo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Since my previous posts about this event have been assimilated into the big Exivious thread, I'd say this announcement warrants a new thread! :)

It's been months in the making, but tonight I can finally reveal the full lineup for my prog festival:
GenProg_Poster_full_lineup_600.jpg

Don't miss this if you can make it! It's going to be an awesome weekend and we're hoping for quite a few guests from abroad (especially from Austria and Switzerland, obviously) given the rather special lineup: It's Andromeda's first German gig in five years, Exivious' and To-Mera's debut on German soil, one of the first non-UK gigs for Haken and one of the rare occasions to see my own band Relocator live! :)

More information here:

http://www.facebook.com/GenerationProg

http://www.generation-prog.com (the English section will be updated soon)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Very cool, I really like Andromeda. One of my favorite prog-metal bands as they're still super catchy and not terribly extreme.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
Andromeda is amazing. Check out their DVD, good footage. Wish this show was in my neighbourhood. :yesway:

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
I need to go to Germany is september it seems. Why can't awesome progressive metal bands ever come to Iceland?! :mad:

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Very cool, I really like Andromeda. One of my favorite prog-metal bands as they're still super catchy and not terribly extreme.

Yeah, I agree. They manage to play very busy and interesting stuff without getting unmusical.

I'll be there, thanks for sharing!

Awesome! :)

Andromeda is amazing. Check out their DVD, good footage. Wish this show was in my neighbourhood. :yesway:

Where is this Guelph anyway? :D

I need to go to Germany is september it seems. Why can't awesome progressive metal bands ever come to Iceland?! :mad:

Are you seriously considering coming? That would be really cool! I know that some people from Norway, Slovenia and Romania might end up making the trip, so Iceland doesn't seem that impossible! :D

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Alright, everyone - things are getting serious: Tickets for the festival are now available! :)

For now we're only offering weekend tickets and two different weekend ticket+hotel packages.
40 Euro for a weekend ticket, 125 with two nights at a 4-star hotel or 180 for the double package
(two tickets and two nights in a double room) at the same hotel, i.e., just 90 Euro per person! :)

If you want to make the trip to Nürnberg, don't hesitate too long before placing your order,
because the hotel deals are limited in number and time - the offer is valid only until August 25!

For more information please visit the English information page for the festival:
English » Generation Prog

Or jump straight to our online store:
Generation Prog - Online-Shop

Hope to see many of you in the audience in September! :)

All the best,
Michael

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Good evening,

last morning we got the news that despite all agreements, To-Mera would not be making the trip to Nuremberg after all. The reasons for that are “complex and no fault of your own,” says the band in its cancellation mail – in any case they’re nothing that they didn’t already know three months ago. We regret that this decision wasn’t made earlier, especially since we’ve already started selling tickets.

Fortunately, we were able to secure a more than worthy replacement promptly:

subsignal600400.jpg

The band Subsignal was founded by Sieges Even members Arno Menses (vocals) and Markus Steffen (guitar) in 2007. Originally intended as a project, the whole thing developed into a real band after the demise of Sieges Even. The top-class band also features Roel van Helden (Drums, Sun Caged), Ralf Schwager (Bass, Dreamscape) und David Bertok (Keyboards, also Dreamscape) and can thus justifiably be called a prog supergroup. More information on the band can be found on the official Subsignal website: http://www.subsignalband.com

And don't forget: The weekend hotel offers are only valid until August 25! :)

All the best,
Michael

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

an update from the festival front: The average travel distance for our advance ticket buyers is about 500 kilometers! Wow! Seems like we're really onto something with this lineup! :) Five weeks to go!

A reminder: Our affordable hotel deals will run out in one week (August 25th is the last day), so if you need a place to stay but haven’t ordered your ticket yet, don’t hesitate any longer! It's hard enough to find a decent double room for 50 Euro here, much less one in a hotel as nice as our 4-star Mercure! :)

The standard combo deals are for two-night stays only, but we realize that some people might want a room just for one night – because they can’t make it on Friday or maybe because they want to go straight back home after the last Saturday band. Do you need a hotel room at the Mercure just for one night? Contact us at info@generation-prog.com and we’ll figure something out! :)

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Yeah - they've only reunited earlier this year (after Tymon and Robin left Cynic), but they've already played a few gigs and they are working on a new album! :)

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

thanks to YouTube we can now share some of the great music performed at the festival with you. Of course I'm particularly happy to finally get to share some footage of the current live incarnation of my own band Relocator (with awesome soundboard audio!) - hope you like it! :)

Andromeda - Periscope
Linus Abrahamson's Videos | Facebook

Exivious - Time And Its Changes

Relocator - Red Vibes

Relocator - Proxima

Relocator - The Alchemist

Relocator - drum solo (from The Alchemist)

Relocator - 13 Reasons

Relocator - Aavishkar

Relocator - Relocator (check out the audience reaction at the end! :D)

Effloresce - Sear

Effloresce - Swimming Through Deserts (new song!)

Effloresce - Sunset in the Snowdome

Theory of Elements - Travelling (new song!)

Enjoy! :)

Jesse Zuretti

Composer /// Guitar/Orchestra @Daath
Reaction score
I was just thinking about Andromeda the other day. Wish they'd come play the US! Are they?