Andy James no longer with Kiesel???

neurosis

Reaction score
Yeah AJ is no joke. I tend not to jibe with his songwriting usually (and his drum sounds and rhythm tone could really use an update), but After Midnight is still my favorite shred song ever.

In general if you slow down his ridiculously fast stuff it turns out he's not just playing scales up and down but rather is often doing melodic stuff that sounds so good at normal speed that it's a bit of a shame when he plays it too fast to really appreciate. And his live playing is still clean as you're grandma's kitchen. It's really, really impressive.

I'm happy for him re the big jump in income, but 5FDP sucks.

I mean he is a REALLY good player and has obviously worked hard for years to get where he is. I think doubting his chops is a little silly. I just don't like his taste in guitars, fashion etc... I will admit that I have enjoyed two 5FDP songs but Nickelback are still a superior band :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
another +1, honestly. Yeah, he can absolutely rip, but his melodic sensibility is so strong. Really a gifted player for sure, and his songwriting is solid too.
I remember him years ago teaching the different style videos on LickLibrary and Maybe Hal Leonard? That and the EMG promo videos. is what I have in my mind. He's an accomplished player. Not sure where people get that he's average. The vitriol for 5FDP might be rubbing off a bit...

IMO he deserves all the success that may come his way. For the size and style of 5FDP I actually can't see how he's not with Ibanez or Jackson.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
IMO he deserves all the success that may come his way. For the size and style of 5FDP I actually can't see how he's not with Ibanez or Jackson.
Zoltan either is co-owner or has a massive stake in BCR, so he more than likely hooked AJ up. Even the bassist ditched a Spector sig model for BC Rich.
Also wish AJ just bit the bullet and went with an in-line headstock for once. Would have looked so much better.

sylcfh

Reaction score
How long until Ivan Moody announces his 5th fake retirement? I wanna try out for his spot.

I think I sound a lot like him.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
I don't like that particular LTD headstock either. And now that I think about it they are pretty similar if you can imagine that BC Rich without the awkward hole?
The BC Rich headstock is bigger (not a good thing) and uglier IMO.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I just think it's funny that he keeps taking massive stepdowns

ESP is one os the sexiest companies with the best roster of guitarists

Then he goes down to Kiesel, which so much more amateur and with a bad reputation

Then down to BC Rich... yikes

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just think it's funny that he keeps taking massive stepdowns

ESP is one os the sexiest companies with the best roster of guitarists

Then he goes down to Kiesel, which so much more amateur and with a bad reputation

Then down to BC Rich... yikes
Only downside of Kiesel vs ESP is availability. Quality wise a USA semi-custom shop level guitar is going to be better than the LTD's andy was playing. Just my thoughts, but I would agree that being endorsed by ESP would be the path I'd probably prefer as well.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
They'll have to actually sell some of them first 😂
I think our disdain for FFDP is causing some of us to not see clearly. They still pack arenas full. They'll sell.

I'm not saying we won't see a few of them propping up corners on trailer houses over the next decade or so, but they will sell.

TheDandy

Reaction score
I think our disdain for FFDP is causing some of us to not see clearly. They still pack arenas full. They'll sell.

I'm not saying we won't see a few of them propping up corners on trailer houses over the next decade or so, but they will sell.
I think at this point the issue is more to do with BC Rich being able to produce guitars at all

mpexus

Reaction score
I think at this point the issue is more to do with BC Rich being able to produce guitars at all
Well lets be honest... how many of you bought his KIESEL Sig guitar? That's right ... so it's irrelevant who is endorsing him ;)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Idk, I didn't see a lot of Spector Chris Kael basses or Jason Hook Explorers out there.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

It's not the popularity of FFDP or Andy James that is the issue, it's Bc Rich and their inability to get guitars into customer hands that is the limiting factor here.