Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
The thing about that neck is that the two strips of wood are kinda like inlays, rather than being laminates. The neck is one piece of wood with strips laid into it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noxian

Reaction score
The thing about that neck is that the two strips of wood are kinda like inlays, rather than being laminates. The neck is one piece of wood with strips laid into it.

do you actually know this as fact or are you just making up a possible reason the guy could be right?

because it seems like he probably just misheard/misunderstood something.

i'd believe that Tosin said the design is based on an Ibanez bass neck because "5pc wenge/bubinga bolt-on neck with wenge finger board" (which frankly is what this guitar likely is) is literally the neck right off the SR Prestige basses.

but that's not a "1pc, even the fingerboard" neck
Ibanez doesn't claim its a "1pc, even the fingerboard" neck
and just a reminder, there's a difference between "Tosin said" and "someone said Tosin said". until further notice, we have one of those, not the other. but it seemed more than likely that while being starstruck, he just misheard/misunderstood.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
I'll get the website guy to register and post on his own behalf, haha I've already asked him twice and he said he's just quoting exactly what Tosin said.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Does anyone have the tabs or a link to an accurate video tutorial for the sweeping intro to CAFO?

E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G------------19-19----------------------------------------------------------------------|
D---------19-------19-------------------19--------18----------19-----------------------|
A------21-------------21-------------21----h21------h21---------21-------------------|
E---23-------------------23-------23----------h23--------h23-------23----------------|
B19-------------------------19-19---------------------------------------19--------------l

Here's the notes, 100% sure. You down pick the first 5, sweep back up the same 5 notes, sweep down 4, hammer on the 21st and 23rd of the A and E strings respectively, pick the 18th of the D and repeat the hammer on action, pick the 19th of the D and repeat the hammers. THEN, play the entire thing a second time, and when you start a third time, only complete the 5-note, down-up sweep (the first ten notes).

Rhythmically, the first 10 notes (the down-up sweep) is a 5-let, meaning five notes where normally one quarter note would go. The rest are all sixtuplets. Honestly, it'd just be easier to feel the rhythm out :lol:

Here's me playing the tune for reference, just in case you don't get what I'm sayin. I think you can see the fingers pretty good, hope this helps! I'm always down to help people play some AAL :yesway:

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing Reflux a few times back in the day, before their first album. I remember the name more than anything. I was big into the local hardcore scene back then and they played a lot of little local shows in Hampton Roads for a few months there. It seemed they were playing nearly every hardcore show during that time and I remember a lot of the scene guys were getting tired of them playing every show. I swear I remember them having 3 singers in the band at the same time, but everything I can find about them online now only shows them having 4 members total. In fact, I had no idea Tosin was in Reflux until I read his more recent article in Guitar World and it got me searching. Can anyone else confirm Reflux had more than 4 members in their early days? I doubt there was another band from DC named Reflux around that time that I'm confusing them with. I also remember them having a demo song I downloaded and listened to a bunch. I might have burned it to a CD, hopefully I'll find it.

bulb

Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing Reflux a few times back in the day, before their first album. I remember the name more than anything. I was big into the local hardcore scene back then and they played a lot of little local shows in Hampton Roads for a few months there. It seemed they were playing nearly every hardcore show during that time and I remember a lot of the scene guys were getting tired of them playing every show. I swear I remember them having 3 singers in the band at the same time, but everything I can find about them online now only shows them having 4 members total. In fact, I had no idea Tosin was in Reflux until I read his more recent article in Guitar World and it got me searching. Can anyone else confirm Reflux had more than 4 members in their early days? I doubt there was another band from DC named Reflux around that time that I'm confusing them with. I also remember them having a demo song I downloaded and listened to a bunch. I might have burned it to a CD, hopefully I'll find it.

I believe before Tosin joined they were doing more of a nu metal kinda thing. Oh and fun fact, Stephen Clifford from Circa Survive used to play for Reflux back in the day.

BaptizedBurning

Reaction score
I believe before Tosin joined they were doing more of a nu metal kinda thing. Oh and fun fact, Stephen Clifford from Circa Survive used to play for Reflux back in the day.

Yeah it must have been their nu metal phase. I remember they played this area a lot, disappeared for a while, then had an album out that sounded a lot different. I'm hoping I can find that demo song on a mix cd I might have made back then. I'll post it on here if I find it.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
Yeah it must have been their nu metal phase. I remember they played this area a lot, disappeared for a while, then had an album out that sounded a lot different. I'm hoping I can find that demo song on a mix cd I might have made back then. I'll post it on here if I find it.
I hope you find it cause I'm curious.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
^OH MY GOD TELL ME YOU'RE SERIOUS. I never thought we'd get more AAL this soon, and although I love Weightless like a playcousin, the Misha flavor was distinctly missing from the second album, mostly in the structuring and flow of the songs. This could turn out to be the world's longest-sustained erection.

guitarnoize

Reaction score
^OH MY GOD TELL ME YOU'RE SERIOUS. I never thought we'd get more AAL this soon, and although I love Weightless like a playcousin, the Misha flavor was distinctly missing from the second album, mostly in the structuring and flow of the songs. This could turn out to be the world's longest-sustained erection.

Yep, Misha just posted the news up on his Facebook page :)
https://www.facebook.com/misha.mansoor

anomynous

Reaction score
I really hope that Javier & Matt have input on the album too.

All of AAL + Misha = audible sexy times

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Stephen Clifford from Circa Survive used to play for Reflux back in the day.

That is pretty awesome. I did not know that.

Also, you should do some sort of project with those dudes, Or Casey from the Dear Hunter, Or the dudes from Thrice. I have a feeling something pretty amazing would come out of that.

isispelican

Reaction score
i teared up when i read this im not joking, this is going to be so fucking epic!!!

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
i definitely prefer Weightless to the S/T, but it'll be cool to see what Misha brings to table this time.