Another NDSP plug-in!

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Even slimier; the IIC+ was on the original list of amps to be included at launch that got chopped off, along with a few others. 2 years later it’s still not in the QC and they’re perfectly content releasing it as a plug-in but can’t seem to get it into the QC.
For this reason I would never buy from NDSP. Things like Tonex and Helix/HX are a much better value. Helix is better supported even if it does not have (yet?) fancy amp captures. I did some listening on Youtube and I feel like like the Petrucci plugin better. Both I think are pretty solid though.

I do think it's pretty cool that it's licensed though. I hate all the cheesy names you have to decipher to figure out what amp it is based on with many plugins.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Even slimier; the IIC+ was on the original list of amps to be included at launch that got chopped off, along with a few others. 2 years later it’s still not in the QC and they’re perfectly content releasing it as a plug-in but can’t seem to get it into the QC.
The latest software version has a model of the JP2C.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I’m good with my Synergy IICP. It cost more, but you know, tubes :lol:
I really wanted to love my IICP, but my favorite part of it is the clean channel. I was hoping it'd be a decent replacement for my Mark IV but it isn't nearly as aggressive. I bought into Synergy for the IICP and Savage. Neither really ended up wowing me. The Uberschall is the best one, by far. Even the SLO, which everyone seems to love, is kinda boring. The Ultralead is killer, but I've decided that's not the sound I want - nailed the tone of my SigX, though, for a hell of a lot less cash.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I just messed around with it for 30 minutes before work - I am very much a fan. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm having a hard time seeing how folks don't think this sounds like a Mark. This is more or less the sound out of my Mark III, not quite as bright anf aggressive (which is what I'd expect), but it's really accurate. Whether or not you like that sound is another issue.

I think I'm going to buy this one. Marks are my main sound, and honestly this was way easier to play with than my Axe FX.

Edit: I should add, I do have a bone to pick with the cab choices. A bunch of V30 cabs isn't the worst, but that really isn't the traditional pairing I think of with Mark IIC+. It certainly has become the standard, but I think it was a bit of a cop out that they didn't include any EVM12L, C90, MS12, etc.

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
But they replicated the scratched up faceplate near the graphic eq!! D E T A I L

Also I will maintain that NDSP has some of the least usable IRs I've ever tried, or I'm deaf. All the stock presets sound like hot shit in my NDSP Granophyre until I turn off the cab section and load up... well, basically any other IR I own. York Audio OS412 with a 121 and 57 > Every IR I've ever tested in NDSP
100%. I absolutely hate pretty much all the Neural IRs. They always sound distant and compressed/non dynamic to me. Load up a York IR and it sounds way more natural.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Iirc the Fractal IIC++ is a Mark IIC+ with a Mark IV tone stack which is why it sounds like how it does. I like it way more than the IIC+ and JP2C

LCW

Reaction score
Anyone see the post on Heavy Metal Amps & Pedals FB group about a Mesa Mark VII (Seven) ? lol

HMAP_Mesa_MK_VII.jpg

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Anyone see the post on Heavy Metal Amps & Pedals FB group about a Mesa Mark VII (Seven) ? lol

View attachment 121877
Yep. It was supposed to come out in 2020 but they had to make changes due to the chip shortage, so they skipped 6 and went to 7 since it's a revision of the original 6 they were going to release before COVID.

LCW

Reaction score
EDIT: started new boogie mark thread instead...

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
7d3gw4.jpg