Any good recommendations for mics to record acoustic guitar?...

• Thread starter shredfiend
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredfiend

Reaction score
I don't want to spend a ton of money.... Any good budget mics. I could spend a bit on something amazing but would like to find a bit of a
bargain/sleeper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
Actual budget?

My affordable but not cheap go to is the Rode nt5. Slightly less, but still good quality is the Audio Technical pro-37. There are too many options to list them all.

Oske7

Reaction score
Rode NT1a or NT2a, I've had good experiences with both of these on acoustic guitars. The nt1a is around $200-250 if I remember correctly, and the nt2a is about $400

Personally I love stereo micing acoustics with a pair of AKG 451s, but those are expensive, like $500 each

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Rode NT1a or NT2a, I've had good experiences with both of these on acoustic guitars. The nt1a is around $200-250 if I remember correctly, and the nt2a is about $400

Personally I love stereo micing acoustics with a pair of AKG 451s, but those are expensive, like $500 each

Yep, acoustic guitars sort of "explode with sound" in a very unusual way relative to other acoustic string instruments. That is one reason stereo recording an acoustic guitar sounds so good; in mono, a lot of the "exploded sound" isn't picked up.

Latest posts