Any musicians in the Houston, TX area?

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I live in Baytown, but I probably fall into that category of sucking terribly

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
I'm kind of up for anything when I get the chance that is. I listen to all sorts of music, as for what I'm capable of :lol: is another story.

Let me know what you have in mind and I'll try and maybe learn it or let you know if you're up shits creek.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Lol, you can do a search for Decimation Theory, thats my old band and kind of the style i write/enjoy playing.

Omigadrive

Reaction score
Just on the off chance (and sorry for slightly hijacking your thread flint757 :D) are any you Houston based guitar players interested in playing in a video game metal band? We already have myself on guitar as well as other humans on bass, keyboards and drums and just need another guitar player who is ideally more technically proficient that I am.

Omigadrive - Band in Spring TX - BandMix.com

The tracks on there should give an idea of the general sound we're aiming at.

Edit - Btw as more proficient than me I should clarify. I did everything but the guitar solos in those tracks which were done by VikingGuitar and a friend of mine from india. I suck at guitar solos hahaha.

flint757

Reaction score
No worries it is an old thread and for the most part that was the point (bring Houston SSO together). Hell it seems like some of y'all are pretty close together compared to me. By all means hijack. :lol:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I'd be down for jamming with someone around Baytown, I just can't do much lead stuff and I would need to borrow a cab.

Oh and no djent...I hate djent

Omigadrive

Reaction score
No worries it is an old thread and for the most part that was the point (bring Houston SSO together). Hell it seems like some of y'all are pretty close together compared to me. By all means hijack. :lol:

Done! :cool:

But yeah, our bandmix says we're in Spring since that's where I live but we're dotted about Houston and will be having a practice room downtown basically.

lurgar

Reaction score
Hate bumping an old thread, but just saw this and wanted to say that I'm around the Conroe area, so yeah, that's Houstonish, isn't it?

flint757

Reaction score
Pretty much. Too far for me to do on any regular basis, but there are a couple people on here in the Conroe area.

Omigadrive

Reaction score
We're still looking for someone if anybody is interested. We have a room in Francisco's these days so we're based dead centre in houston now :D

KevHo

Reaction score
NECRO BUMP!

I live in Baytown and wanna jam! Can't find anyone locally so maybe someone else out there is still looking? I'm cool with driving if you've got the space.

I play guitar and have done vocals in the past. Looking to do some technical metal (think along the lines of The Contortionist) but really open to just jam and see what happens.

Here is an example of my vocals. Clean stuff may be too girly (haha) for most on here but if you listen to both songs you can at least get a feel for what my screams sound like.
www.reverbnation.com/cachestheghosts

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I swore you were trolling when I very first started reading this... :lol:

When I read the first couple of lines to your OP I thought you were going to ask what 7 to get.

flint757

Reaction score
Nope, my guitar needs are covered. :lol:

My schedule has been so crazy lately I haven't even picked up my guitars to play in awhile.