Any ONI guitar players here?

• Thread starter kershyboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kershyboy

Collibus Bassist
Reaction score
just wanted to know from the people who have got them or played them their reviews on them or what not

(Ive been thinking of getting one)

anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
bostjan on here has one, i know, and a few others whose names i cant remember :scratch:

I haven't played one, but he knows his shit, and the second there is funding, its going straight to Dan :D Met up with him too, and he'll help you out to no end. :yesway: All in all? Go for it. If you like the look of them, other than that, there is nothing to worry about.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
I've been GASing for an Oni for a couple of months. I contacted Dan and he's really informative. He can work around the details depending on your budget, so it all depends on if you like the way they look. I personally think they look awesome, so it depends on what you want.

kershyboy

Collibus Bassist
Reaction score
yeah ive been messaging Dan a couple of times this past couple of days. From the messages back ive got from him, well what can i say apart from there clear to the point. Which is fucking rocking :)

I've Pm bostjan too so hopefully he can help me out too

vontetzianos

Reaction score
I'll probably have to PM him as well, because I have never actually played one, but judging the amount of positive feedback I read about them, they seem to be full of win no matter which way you go.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Haven't played one, but I've emailed Dan a couple of times and he certainly knows his stuff from what I can gather, and the customs which I've seen in photos look brilliant! I've got a mate in NZ who is getting a custom 8 string made at the moment also, and he's very impressed also. :yesway:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Dan also told me he custom winds his pickups. The only other luthier I've seen so far who does that if Patrick Hufschmid, which is really aesome IMO.

Btw which model where you aiming for? Some ONI body shapes are really different that I can't decide whther I love it or hate it.

kershyboy

Collibus Bassist
Reaction score
Looks like im gonna put a deposit down on a 7 string soon, which will hopefully be in April when i do.
hopefully by that time I would of tied the specs up to the littlest detail by then etc.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
Yeah i'm intending to hop on the Oni wagon quite soon. Design progress has been halted recently due to me moving house, but i'm going to sit down soon and start refining the ideas. Has some pretty funky custom bits and pieces =P

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Shitloads. You just have to find em, i can't remember their names :( :nuts: A couple that own more than one, a couple that just have one etc.. Bostjan is the only person i can remember :(

kershyboy

Collibus Bassist
Reaction score
I'm currently thinking about what tuners and bridges and if to have single string fixed bridges or one full fixed bridge at the mo for the oni
choices choices.....

any opinions welcome

Scarpie

Reaction score
i'll have alot more input on the matter when my 9 arrives. till then all i can really add is a reflection of dan's personality. which i have nothing but great remarks there hahhahaahha