Anybody following this hilarious Summer Slaughter story?

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Perge

Reaction score
I'm a little detached from metal these days, so I don't know who a lot of the bands are, but the bands I do recognize look like the same type of bands that have always been on summer slaughter

Based on the context I'm reading, people are mad that it isn't a pure trve death metal lineup? But summer slaughter was never a pure death metal tour to begin with :shrug:
IMG_4034.jpegIMG_4035.jpegIMG_4036.jpeg
2008 will always be special to me, but you're really gonna look at previous line ups and say the one they just announced stacks up? The current line up doesn't match in style or size of bands on the bill. People are upset because the return of "the most extreme tour of the year" is just a VoM tour with more openers.

If it's a cost thing, I get it, but you're dragging down the value of the brand "summer slaughter".

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
View attachment 142711View attachment 142712View attachment 142713
2008 will always be special to me, but you're really gonna look at previous line ups and say the one they just announced stacks up? The current line up doesn't match in style or size of bands on the bill. People are upset because the return of "the most extreme tour of the year" is just a VoM tour with more openers.

If it's a cost thing, I get it, but you're dragging down the value of the brand "summer slaughter".

I'm probably telling on my self with how out of touch I am, but VoM and Gideon are the only bands I'm familiar with on the new lineup, so maybe it really does suck idk haha

I went to all three of those SS tours. Still a bunch of deathcore bands on all those lineups which I guess was kinda my point :p

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Ten56 is ok. They don't have much of their own style, though. Kind of like Knocked Loose, but for harder aficionados.

Brand of Sacrifice is sick as balls, but not as consistent. Kind of like Vulvodynia, but not as unique or vibrant.

The rest IDKWTF, probably ok. VOM exactly does not interest me since the new vocalist and lack of originality with their compositions, that's probably the biggest detraction for me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Have you ever seen him? Gotta be a Proud Boy
I just googled the guy and

ash-avildsen-editorial-6-paradise-city.jpg

Dude looks like he runs the sleaziest and nastiest bar downtown

Perge

Reaction score
Can anyone even read those names? The only one I can make out is ticketspin.
The line at the bottom is sponsors if that's what you're talking about. Metalblade, NB, Sumerian, indie merch etc.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I liked Veil of Maya live (2015 summer slaughter), and I would say that was the beginning of the decline in tradition of legacy bands on the lineup, but yeah this is so much worse.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The jab has no place in a package tour, bruh. My bands don't hit the stage 'til they're wheezing.