anybody has experience with the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine LiveWire set and how do they compare to thrash factor bridge and jazz neck

shalev98732

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So for a long time probally since 2020 ive been thinking about putting the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine LiveWire set in another prs that i have, there isnt much information on it online but people said its basiclyl an active jb and jazz with high output, i was wondering if anybody here has expirience with the dave mustaine livewire set and can tell me about those pickups, and how do they compare to the passive thrash factor bridge and a jazz neck? if you have them both and can compare it would also be helpful

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oceanrose

Reaction score
Had them in my Dean Angel of Deth. They are voiced similar to JB Jazz indeed but has a higher output and more modern sound. I dont recall them being as compressed and flat as EMGs and they worked really great for Drop C tuning as they were able to get thick and chunky with prominent mids that also had a low mid emphasis attack when using with thicker gauge strings. Those pickups handle thrash no problem but the neck pickup is alot deeper sounding than jazz neck imo.

Attachments

• 7D52CE0F-9012-402C-8BA2-1997648D85C2.jpeg
    7D52CE0F-9012-402C-8BA2-1997648D85C2.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 4

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I've jammed on both. The Livewire's feel a little more EQ balanced than the Thrash Factor; It's a brighter JB to my ears, definitely recalls specific Megadeth tones, but the Livewire set seemed like a more neutral or controllable sound regardless of amp or cabinet. The Jazz neck is a Jazz neck. Solid at what it does, and definitely lower output feeling than the Livewire neck, but not by a big margin. Now, since I use darker sounding amps and cabs I'd prefer the passive set, personally.